Goldman Sachs Sales Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Sales Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

on campus interview and then a super day with 3 people for about 30 minutes each. Although they have currently changed the process to include use of a software which they call hire vue. That's about it. It is pretty straightforward.

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied to Goldman through my school's career website. I spoke with a few people over the phone and email - was granted a 2:1 video interview. After this round, me and one other kid were invited to "non-target" superday. Even though my school is ranked in the top 25 based on US News & World report, we weren't considered a target which I was surprised about. The superday went really well and I honestly thought I crushed it...but my friend and I both found out the next day that we didn't get offers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Whats .05 of a million? Pitch me a stock. Tell me something you worked on during your internship last summer? Tell me a time you worked with a team. Where do you think the market is going? What's a story you have been following? If you were any animal, what you you be?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online. Had 3 Phone interviews as a part of Round one: 2 from Hong Kong office and 1 from Mumbai office. Waiting for the results. Applied in Oct and got a call for interview in Dec. Its been more than a month and I have not heard back. So a small advice: Have patience.

Interview Questions

• Put-Call Parity, Futures and Options, Beta of a stock, Sharpe Ratio. Other questions were behavioral and based on current financial markets (Basic)   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The first round consisted of mainly behavioral questions and a few technical questions regarding the market.

Interview Questions

• Summarize what the US economy has been doing over the last year   Answer Question

Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

There were four total interviews. First round interview was a single interview with one person on my college campus. The final round interviews were on site. There were two people per interview for three total interviews. The first were behavioural and the others were technical. Goldman Sachs has a very low acceptance rate.

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting for first round interview. Process was really run of the mill for S&T - they wanted to see that you understood the markets and had a genuine passion for them. Also, make sure to highlight anything technical/quantitative on your resume. Know your resume. Got invited for superday and then did not receive offer. Many qualified candidates and interviewers were really nice. Depends on who you get for difficulty of questions. Overall great experience but did not land offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and markets based. Follow markets and do mock interviews and you should be good.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

Referred to HR through a contact's contact; was contacted within 12 hours to set up an interview. First round over phone, about 20 minutes - all fit and no brainteasers (a few technical - pitch me a stock, where are the markets going)

Sales Attribution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen with third-party recruiter, followed by initial phone screen with internal company resource. Interviews considered of four, half-hour, in-person interviews scheduled back to back. Interviewers seemed to be in a hurry. Was told that first round included 15 candidates, second round culled to 6-8 and then 2 chosen.

Interview Questions

• What decision do you regret in your career?   2 Answers

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

My interview was with 2 employers of Goldman Sachs, both women. They were both pretty straight-out-of-college and hadn't been in the industry very long. From the beginning they weren't very polite, and did anything possible to put you on the spot. Going into the interview I felt pretty confident that I was well-prepared, however, after leaving my confidence had been shot down, completely.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how the change in commodities pricing has affected the S&T market   Answer Question

Corporate Credit Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

My resume made it into a resume book which thankfully made it to a salesperson that covered a hedge fund I interned with. Came into Old Slip office for a superday with 4 different desks and was asked back to 1 NY Plaza to interview with 2 of the desks. Finally, I was asked back for a 3rd time with Corporate Credit Sales. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely personable and seemed interested in who they were bringing in at the junior level. There were no mental math or brainteasers, but they very much hammered the "Why Goldman" question. Obviously be up on the markets and have a view with a reason. In the end I think that my "Why Goldman" wasn't as strong as it should have been and I subsequently did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Goldman Sachs?"   Answer Question
    • "Company A with a market cap of $25B announces a $5B stock buy-back program. How would the CDS on Company A react?"   3 Answers