Goldman Sachs Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.1

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied and was sent a straightforward hackerrank challenge. Was later sent a hirevue interview, all behavioral questions. Invited for on site which was mostly behavioral, and general programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/resume based, one technical question, general programming language questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online (not with university), receive hackerrank and then an email a few weeks after inviting me for super day. Very surprising that a company like GS would have such an unorganized recruitment process in my experience. I was told to be ready to arrive on-site in Jersey City by 8AM. I don't like in the area so I had to take transportation there. Once I got there the night before, they sent me an email telling me my actual interview was at 1:00 so I should be there at 12:40... When I got to their office they give me further notice my interview is /actually/ 3:30... I felt like I was sent on a wild goose chase for no reason.

The questions I was asked were very general. I felt like I had prepared for the wrong thing (studied financial mathematics topics) because I was asked 1 basic competition math question and 1 basic coding question. I wish I had just spent time reviewing those cute tricks in math instead

Interview Questions

• You have a pile of rocks that you may divide in any ratio you choose. You write down the product of the stone-counts of the piles you create. You repeat this recursively until a pile is only 1 stone and stop. What is the closed form solution of the sum of these products?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Standard digital webcast interview, a bit fast in terms of allocated amount of time given to prep/respond. Total of 5-6 questions asked on their company portal site, and was given about two minutes to answer the question. You are given about two practice questions

IBD Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone call after first-round video interview, in about two weeks. Superyday in Jersey office. No technical questions at all. Be prepared to answer a lot of tough situational behavioral questions. Interviewers were very friendly though.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

HackerRank challange, then Hirevue Interview. Hackerank problems are simple. Hirevue with behavioral questions.
    Advice about HireVue: I failed at this stage, with this behavioral questions. Do not be nervous, and find a place where you are really relaxed and calm. Prepare yourself speaking to a mirror, and be yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank:
      Basic question about Strings, and a simple DP program.
      2 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was interviewed using the HireVue software. This was my first digital interview and definitely felt much different than an in person interview. The questions were mostly all behavioral with one simple technical question. I tried to focus on not watching myself as that was quite distracting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision, and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question

Technical Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Online Coding assessment which isn't too bad and then a series of behavioral questions on hirevue. make sure if you applied for multiple positions, you prepare for all of them. Usually only one question per position is asked + a series of general questions. Invited for super day for late january.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm sharing my experience here to end this confusing experience. I applied online via their website. Then, I did a video recording interview by the link they sent me. After a month, I received a notification of Superday to fly to SLC. I was studying abroad, so I was not able to fly to SLC and GS HR arranged an online interview. The Miss HR was very bad at replying emails, which took her 1 week to reply about appointment time.
    The interview had three rounds, and each round was 30 min. The whole process was basically some behavioral questions and some random questions on their mind.
    The first interviewer was nice and opened-up, who gave me some suggestions about personal development and mindset. The second round were two guys, which asked me some technical questions irrelevant to my position. The third guy were very careless. He basically said I'm tired after all these rounds of interviews. He rarely looked at camera ,and asked difficult questions. Plus, he was not answering my questions.
    After two weeks, I received a call about confirming my personal info, which sounds like the position was basically secured. After one day, the Miss HR sent me an impatient email that asked me to call back. After calling back, she just carelessly told me I didn't get the intern and the reason cannot be told.
    These two phone calls made me very confused. I'd say GS a prestige firm, and its board shares lots of wealth. Unfortunately, the staff there failed to be intelligent enough to know that the world is not around them for being a normal worker there.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Dallas, Salt Lake City, and New York City. Interviewed in person in Salt Lake City. Did an online webcam interview and was then invited in for an in-person interview, 3 rounds. Very nice office and very nice group of people. Interviewing was very straightforward and a lot of the resources available to prepare were provided by GS online.