Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.1

992 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received a straightforward hackerrank with 2 questions. 5 days later I was sent a hirevue link where I answered 4 purely behavioral questions in front of a webcam. 3 weeks later I attended one of GS's superdays.

The superday consisted of 2 interviews, both 45 minutes long. I was told that one interview was supposed to be technical and the second behavioral, but I think I ended up with 2 behavioral interviews because I didn't answer any technical questions. In both interviews, the interviewers went very in depth into my resume; nothing was off limits, so make sure you know every detail of each project listed on it.

I was initially told I would hear back in about 1-2 weeks but I heard back exactly 3 weeks after my superday with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member wasn't contributing after being confronted about his/her lack of contribution?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

HireVue Virtual Interview. Five questions, about two minutes to answer each question and 30 minutes to prepare after listening to question. After this flew to Salt Lake City for superday, three interviews back to back 30 minutes each, all behavioral based and received an offer after.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in which you had to make a decision without all the necessary information readily available?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

The entire process took 1 month, consisting of hirevue and 1 Superday.

3 rounds of 30min interviews on Superday, with each having 2-3 interviewers that may be on video conference as well.

The entire Superday was very pleasant and the interviewers were friendly. The questions were 90% behavioral and fit related, with only 1-2 technical questions thrown in. You may even have to elaborate on your hobbies and interests!

Personally, I feel that the key is to really engage them with the things you say. Teamwork capabilities are really important for Goldman as well.

Interview Questions

Interview

Super day with two rounds of interviews in GS Jersey office. Asked general behavioral questions. Some prob questions similar to those on green book. Also asked about previous internship experiences.

Interview Questions

• Green book and resume questions   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First I was invited to the HackerRank. After I passed the HackerRank Technical questions, I got the invitation to do video-interview on multiple behavioral questions. You video record your response to the questions appear on the screen.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Hackerrank with two problems, followed by a HireVue with four behavioral questions, Flew out to NYC for on site interview. Two 45 minute technical interviews. Process from start to finish took about two months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online, did HireVue, then got superday in-person. Did not network. Was asked to prepare stock pitch before interview. Superday was 3 interviews. Interviews were mainly behavioral but was asked about stock pitch.

Interview Questions

• If you got the offer, what would you look forward to most about the internship?   Answer Question

PWM Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round was a digital interview and it was mostly behavioral. The only remotely technical question I got was the one below. Other examples were: name a time you had to solve a problem with missing information; your friend offers to give you the answers to a final exam what do you do; talk about a time you were passionate about making change and how did it turn out

Interview Questions

• There are two sides to investment management at Goldman, which side would you prefer to work on and why   Answer Question

Engineering Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

There are two rounds, each round 45 minutes. Both with behavioral questions and then technical questions. Not difficult overall and only need to write out the pseudo code.

It's a great experience talking with the four interviewers.

Interview Questions

• some scenario questions about how you will react or behave if something happens.   Answer Question

PWM Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Was able to network and get the Hirevue which was 6 questions. You have a 1 minute and 30 seconds to awnser a bunch of situational and behavioral questions. Then about a month later got the invitation for the NYC Superday.