Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of meeting a recruiter on campus and discussing the application process, applying online and then moving into the interview rounds. You are asked to complete a HireVue interview which is general behavioral questions, "Tell me a time when..." type of questions. You are then contacted to schedule and interview at the office to which you applied and complete a networking event, which is general and a way to get to know other candidates, and then an interview the next day. The interview consisted of 3 thirty minute interviews with 3 separate managers. One asks ethics based questions, another is meant to test your analytical experience based on your background and the third is about your diverse background and what you bring to the office environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman? Why this division? Why this city?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical ethical situations that you may encounter in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you completed a task that no one else thought you could. How did you use analytical skills to finish it?   Answer Question
    • What would your bosses or mentors say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength? What would you say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

Was Asked to do a coding test on HackerRank and then a Video recording interview through HireView. The HackerRank coding test had two questions and a multiple choice. The video recording interview had 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your skill set is a match for this position ?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied and was sent a straightforward hackerrank challenge. Was later sent a hirevue interview, all behavioral questions. Invited for on site which was mostly behavioral, and general programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/resume based, one technical question, general programming language questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Standard digital webcast interview, a bit fast in terms of allocated amount of time given to prep/respond. Total of 5-6 questions asked on their company portal site, and was given about two minutes to answer the question. You are given about two practice questions

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in last week of January and got a hackerrank coding test the next day . About 5 days after that I got a hirevue behavioral interview with questions like describe a time you had to give reviews to your team, tell us about yourself etc. Recording yourself seems a bit odd but don't take this lightly.
    I was invited for an on-site interview about a week later. They provided me with travel and accommodation at Conrad, New York for a night.
    My slot was from 11 AM. The interviews were started on time and I was done with everything around 2 PM. First interview was a mix of technical, behavioral and puzzle type questions. Went OK.
    Second was more technical than first with a few behavioral questions. They usually check for culture fit, previous work ex helps. Technical questions(mostly algorithms and SQL) were not difficult but I couldn't give optimized solutions because of lack of practice. They did give me nudges in the right direction.
    Two weeks later I got a follow up call asking if I had other offers and a week later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you have 100 continuous numbers, one number is missing, how do you find it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

HackerRank challange, then Hirevue Interview. Hackerank problems are simple. Hirevue with behavioral questions.
    Advice about HireVue: I failed at this stage, with this behavioral questions. Do not be nervous, and find a place where you are really relaxed and calm. Prepare yourself speaking to a mirror, and be yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank:
      Basic question about Strings, and a simple DP program.
      2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Soon after application there were 2 rounds of online test - one coding test followed by a brief pre-recorded interview (hirevue.com). The online interview only had 6 behavirol questions and only gave 2 minutes to answer each question.
    I received superday 2 months later. We had 4 rounds of one-to-one interview, 45 mins each. Applicants will be informed in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A asymmetric random walk with 1/3 left and 2/3 right, starts at position x=0 and one step left (x=-1) is a river (absorbing boundary), compute probability of dropping into river   1 Answer

Technical Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Online Coding assessment which isn't too bad and then a series of behavioral questions on hirevue. make sure if you applied for multiple positions, you prepare for all of them. Usually only one question per position is asked + a series of general questions. Invited for super day for late january.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm sharing my experience here to end this confusing experience. I applied online via their website. Then, I did a video recording interview by the link they sent me. After a month, I received a notification of Superday to fly to SLC. I was studying abroad, so I was not able to fly to SLC and GS HR arranged an online interview. The Miss HR was very bad at replying emails, which took her 1 week to reply about appointment time.
    The interview had three rounds, and each round was 30 min. The whole process was basically some behavioral questions and some random questions on their mind.
    The first interviewer was nice and opened-up, who gave me some suggestions about personal development and mindset. The second round were two guys, which asked me some technical questions irrelevant to my position. The third guy were very careless. He basically said I'm tired after all these rounds of interviews. He rarely looked at camera ,and asked difficult questions. Plus, he was not answering my questions.
    After two weeks, I received a call about confirming my personal info, which sounds like the position was basically secured. After one day, the Miss HR sent me an impatient email that asked me to call back. After calling back, she just carelessly told me I didn't get the intern and the reason cannot be told.
    These two phone calls made me very confused. I'd say GS a prestige firm, and its board shares lots of wealth. Unfortunately, the staff there failed to be intelligent enough to know that the world is not around them for being a normal worker there.