Goldman Sachs Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.9

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received a straightforward hackerrank with 2 questions. 5 days later I was sent a hirevue link where I answered 4 purely behavioral questions in front of a webcam. 3 weeks later I attended one of GS's superdays.

The superday consisted of 2 interviews, both 45 minutes long. I was told that one interview was supposed to be technical and the second behavioral, but I think I ended up with 2 behavioral interviews because I didn't answer any technical questions. In both interviews, the interviewers went very in depth into my resume; nothing was off limits, so make sure you know every detail of each project listed on it.

I was initially told I would hear back in about 1-2 weeks but I heard back exactly 3 weeks after my superday with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member wasn't contributing after being confronted about his/her lack of contribution?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First I was invited to the HackerRank. After I passed the HackerRank Technical questions, I got the invitation to do video-interview on multiple behavioral questions. You video record your response to the questions appear on the screen.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Hackerrank with two problems, followed by a HireVue with four behavioral questions, Flew out to NYC for on site interview. Two 45 minute technical interviews. Process from start to finish took about two months.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

I did a hackerrank, then a week later got an invite to a HireVue (pre-recorded questions I had to answer by recording myself). Two weeks later I was invited to a Superday in Jersey City, NJ. Some of the questions at the Superday were very vague and open-ended, and didn't seem behavioral or related Computer Science. The only technical question they asked wasn't very difficult, but was also very vague.

My advice for the Hirevue and the Superday would be to let them know your personality, and not to seem too nervous.

Interview Questions

• Explain how a hash works behind the scenes and implement collision resolution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

You're in a room with two experienced engineers. They start off with behavioral questions and then ease into technical. I received about 5 or 6 technical questions ranging from theory to pen to paper coding. Overall good experience and really friendly interviewers.

Application

Interview

Applied online in October second week. Received HackerRack and HireVue evaluations within the same week. Got invited for on-site interviews about 6 weeks later in December second week. Got the result after Christmas. Received offer letter after New Year.

Interview Questions

• Check if two binary trees are equal.   Answer Question
    • Find the first different node when comparing two binary trees   Answer Question
    • Calculate top eigenvalue of matrix in MapReduce (MR) paradigm. Multiply two matrices in MR. Fundamentals of Spark. Mutable and Immutable Data Types in Python.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First I received an online hackerrank coding challenge involving a dynamic programming question. Next I was asked to do a hirevue where I videotaped myself answering some behavioral questions. Next I was invited to a superday at the office which included some technical questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• A person can take 2 or 3 steps at a time. How many different ways can they get up 100 steps.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. Hackerrank questions, however base cases were hard to get through.The programming portion is trivial.
    Probability, linear algebra, and recursive backtracking. Nothing was overall very hard, I guess I was expected to get a perfect on it for them to proceed further with my application

Interview Questions

• If u is an uniformed random variable that is the distribution of e^u   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Hackerrank then a Hirevue. Did both and then on their job portal it said "Selected for first round interview." They never contacted me to set up an interview and there wasn't an option to do so on their portal. 2 weeks later I get rejected. How u gonna select someone to interview, not interview them, and them reject them. Stupid company.

Interview Questions

• Q: Hackerrank coding assessment is easy   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I did the online assessment on Hackerrank. There are two algorithms problems in 60 minutes. The first I can't remember exactly: just take a fixed length substring from the original string then do a hashmap to store them. The second is a modified two sum question, still using hash map and return the count of pairs that sum up to integer k.

Interview Questions

• Just two hackerrank questions. Still waiting for further response(Hirevue interview got).   1 Answer