Goldman Sachs Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Technology Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

Was Asked to do a coding test on HackerRank and then a Video recording interview through HireView. The HackerRank coding test had two questions and a multiple choice. The video recording interview had 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your skill set is a match for this position ?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied and was sent a straightforward hackerrank challenge. Was later sent a hirevue interview, all behavioral questions. Invited for on site which was mostly behavioral, and general programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/resume based, one technical question, general programming language questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in last week of January and got a hackerrank coding test the next day . About 5 days after that I got a hirevue behavioral interview with questions like describe a time you had to give reviews to your team, tell us about yourself etc. Recording yourself seems a bit odd but don't take this lightly.
    I was invited for an on-site interview about a week later. They provided me with travel and accommodation at Conrad, New York for a night.
    My slot was from 11 AM. The interviews were started on time and I was done with everything around 2 PM. First interview was a mix of technical, behavioral and puzzle type questions. Went OK.
    Second was more technical than first with a few behavioral questions. They usually check for culture fit, previous work ex helps. Technical questions(mostly algorithms and SQL) were not difficult but I couldn't give optimized solutions because of lack of practice. They did give me nudges in the right direction.
    Two weeks later I got a follow up call asking if I had other offers and a week later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you have 100 continuous numbers, one number is missing, how do you find it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

HackerRank challange, then Hirevue Interview. Hackerank problems are simple. Hirevue with behavioral questions.
    Advice about HireVue: I failed at this stage, with this behavioral questions. Do not be nervous, and find a place where you are really relaxed and calm. Prepare yourself speaking to a mirror, and be yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank:
      Basic question about Strings, and a simple DP program.
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First I had a programming challenge sent to me and afterwards I was also sent a video recording interview. I had the superday in the New Jersey office. On the superday I had two 1 on 1 interviews with the engineers of the company. Afterwards they also had a session for you to meet with one of the engineers in order for you to ask some informal questions. Their New Jersey office was beautiful and they had some nice snacks for you to eat when you were done. The informal session was helpful especially when the employee gave us advice on how to succeed in Goldman as an engineer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between Outer join and Inner join?   Answer Question
    • Why Goldman Sachs? Why finance?   Answer Question
    • How can you check if a string has unique characters? (Make sure none of the characters repeat)   1 Answer
    • Calculate the factorial of a number?   3 Answers
    • Some more typical Human Capital Management questions. Such as how do you face adversity? What would you do if you had to deal with a unresponsive team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Online coding challenge. Two questions, very straightforward.
    2. Online HireVue interview. Five prerecorded behavioral questions where you record your response.
    3. Onsite Interview. Two back-to-back 1/1 interviews consisting largely of technical questions and a few behavioral.

Interviews seemed very disorganized. I've interviewed with my fair share of companies and GS ranks among the worst. The interviews started with my interviewer telling me about their job. They have a list of questions that are okay to ask you - so coding, some tech trivia. I solved all of the coding problems very easily. There were also some short questions which I also found easy.

The second interviewer asked exclusively tech trivia.Asked me for the Big-O of some BST algorithms and called me wrong because I gave the Big-O and not the Big-Theta.

Truly a terrible company. I expensed roughly $300 in expenses while traveling and they outright refused to pay me back. They'll tell you it takes 8-10 weeks to process. They won't answer your e-mails and they'll ghost you if you get rejected.

To get my interview expense money, I had to file an unpaid wages claim with the Department of Labor in NJ. A company with little to no morals to attempting to save every penny they can.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance a BST? Can you code that for me?   Answer Question
    • How does HTTP work, How does HTTP load multiple objects, lots of HTTP questions   Answer Question
    • You are working on two teams - one which has a project that's top secret (Team A), and another which has a pretty public project (Team B). Your manager from team B starts asking you about your work on Team A - questions which he shouldn't know the answer to. What do you do?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a HackerRank coding challenge in the beginning (1 DP question, 1 hashmap). Easy. Had HireVue interview. All behavioral; annoying but easy. Called for superday (2 45 minute interviews which went almost over till 50 minutes for me.) 1st one was 3 behavioral and 2 technical Qs.

Interview Questions

• Is posting exam solutions right? Machine learning questions because it was based on my resume.
      Print odd numbers from m to n, print prime numbers from 1 to n in optimal complexity.
      Some other BS behavioral question.

Second interview was way easier in my opinion - 2 technical questions (explain greedy, DP; *and a question about using hashmap), they like Java so know Java. Behavioral: your coworker has problems with some employee, wtf do you do about it?

*Question about hashmap: you have 2 integer vectors A, B. Go through each sets and print if they are present in A; present in B; or present in both.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple enough. First the 2 question hackerrank test, then the hirevue a week later, then the onsite I believe about a month after.

The hirevue consisted of all behavioral-oriented questions that ask you to draw on previous situations and experiences, so prepare for that.

If you make it to the onsite, they pay for your flight and a nights stay at a 5 star business suite. On Superday, you'll get 2 45…

Interview Questions

• Dyanmic Programming, Usage of Arrays over Linked Lists, and Java specific questions. They really love Jave here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the Goldman Sachs career portal. One week later they sent me a Hacker rank coding challenge (45 min), and a week after completing the challenge they sent me a Hirevue virtual interview (30 min).

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank questions were equivalent to others listed as "easy" difficulty, and the Hirevue is all behavioral   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Program In Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

45 minutes Technical Assessment - Coding Test
    15 minutes Interview - Pre-Recorded Questions (Hirevue)

Their recruitment process is too quick.
    I attempted video interview late evening and I was notified by next day afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Coding Test was basically 1 question to be solved in 45 minutes.
      Interview was basically based on behavorial questions.
      2 Answers