Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,475 Interview Reviews

3.2

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Had 1 phone screening with Recruiter, 3 onsite in person interviews, then 1 final phone screening with Human Resources. Then they started a very in depth 6 point background check; credit, employment, addresses, education, compensation, drug

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you faced a difficult situation at work and how did you over come it?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

14 different interviews with HR and VP's. took 3 months to get hired. they do not give you the option to negotiate your salary. you have to submit an extensive ten year residence and work history.

Equity Derivatives Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Paris (France)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process was long and involved multiple trips their Paris office. Ended up meeting the full team, which was more than 15 people at the time. Most questions were not too technical but some were.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very long and gruelling, includes at least 5 steps. A full-day assessment centre, multiple interviews. The interviewers were somewhat stiff but asked very perspicacious points. Response is speedy, no feedback given.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Long day of interviews — meeting different people. You have to be on your A game with each one. Make sure to email thank you to each person. If you get their information beforehand, send them an email too. Don't talk about being tired/busy — they think if you feel that way at current job you won't be able to hack it there.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the position by another USC alumni. The overall interview process was broken down into a phone interview and three back-to-back on-site interviews. Cool teams, the Municipalities team (CRG) was my favorite, but the Credit Risk Review Group (CRRG) was a close second. Everyone came off as very professional and articulate, but also made jokes in my interview and tried to make me feel comfortable.

They told me that due to an increase in the number of analyst applications they received this year, they couldn't offer me a position but encouraged me to apply again in the future - basically a soft no...

Interview Questions

• **Could you please state a recent economic event for a specific company and tell us how that event could impact the firm's financial creditworthiness.
      **Out of Apple and Coach, which company would you invest in and why?
      **What is a DCF?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online through the campus portal. I was invited for a first round interview. They used hirevue to ask 7/8 questions, most of which seemed unrelated to the field I applied for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

There were about 3-4 rounds of telephonic screening after which I was called to the office for an interview. This process lasted a whole day, through which I was interviewed by about 6-7 people. There were another 1 or 2 rounds of telephonic interviews after this - basically everyone in the team that I was joining interviewed me.

After I was made an offer a month later, there was a background screening process, so it was another month before I ultimately joined.

Interview Questions

• Lots of mathematical and algorithmic puzzles. They tested some basic knowledge of financial products as well   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Hirevue interview, very impersonal. 30 seconds to think about your answer and two minutes maximum to answer. They tell you the questions by video and then allow you to record your response on your computer or ipad. its basically an on demand interview.
     6 questions all Behavioural/situational.

Not an enjoyable experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your manager questioned your decision
      Tell me about a time when a team member wasnt pulling their weight in a project   Answer Question

Strats Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

One Phone Interview. Invited to Superday where there were 6 interviewers and 5 other candidates. Each interviewer had half an hour to ask whatever they wanted. Some interviewers were more prepared than others, but there was a good balance of the different types of interviews. Rejected a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical. Really all over the place. Some behavioral   1 Answer