Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017
3,476 Interview Reviews

3.2

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

on campus interview, onsite interview. On campus there was a presentation and then submitted the resume. They choose to interview the next day. Then it was two interviewers and me, most asked what programming I know and what projects I have done.

Interview Questions

• not difficult, most behavior because it was PM who is interested in me.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2009.

Interview

Goldman is known for its crazy interview process especially for lateral hires. Some individuals go through 20+ interviews stretching months before receiving an offer. The best way to get an interview is with someone in the firm that can submit your resume in your behalf. Depending on their senority, they can receive a cash bonus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

Intitially they had an aptitude test whih was very tough as they were a lot of questions and very leittle time. There were about 15 questions and about 40 minitues and the questions were mainly testing aptitude skills and also some of them were technical based on C/ C++ .Due to the acute shortage of time could not solve the most of the questions

Interview Questions

• There were many tough C/C++ questions based on pointers   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Resumes are only meant to get an interivew. Focus on related experience, where you've added value beyond what was asked of you, and ensure no gaps in your CV. Interviews focus half on fit/culture and half on relevant experience and skillset. You must show you will fit into our culture or you will not be successful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations with Goldman.

PWM Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Was emailed for early-admission superday. Went through 2 rounds of 2:1 interview, then called back 2 hours later to interview with the rest of the team. No technical questions asked. Got to the last round.

Interview Questions

• Was asked where I go out on weekends in NYC/ bars and clubs I like.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

First round 30 minutes interview in SWE conference, and second round sets of 3 interviews per group in GS New York office. Depend on how many teams are interested in your resume, you may have 3-12 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Differences between hashtable and hashmap   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Extremely tough and a great learning experience. good and comforting people. tough questions. pressure interview. long as well. They take multiple rounds of interview, and try to assess total financial knowledge as well as behavioral aspects of a candidate

Interview Questions

• Talk about the sectors valuation - which you have never tracked   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

the interview round mainly constitute of puzzles and simple programming skills

they check more on analytical ability and overall personality rather than your coding skills

Be sure to do as many puzzles as you can before you go for interview

Interview Questions

• nothing that difficult...if one knows basic interview questins of programming there wil be no problem   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. We had a written round of around 30 multiple choice questions including aptitude and then technical questions were also give. After that we had a Group Discussion case study. Next there were 2 rounds of interviews both technical. They focused a lot on technical subjects and projects that we had done.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Tell e about yourself, Risk management, problem solving, what do you know about GS