Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,164 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,164 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Hirevue interview so I did and then waited to hear back but did not get a response from anyone within the company. I haven't been rejected yet but do not anticipate another interview at this point.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the university you attended and was it a good choice?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied months ago and finally heard back from GS. It was an interview through Hirevue and I was given 5 days to complete it. There were 5 questions with 30 second prep time and 2 minutes answer time. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a HackerRank challenge the next day, 2 problems (easy - medium). Got all test cases. Didn't get any contact after submission but I realized I got rejected after I checked my status on their webpage several days after.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank, 2 problems, 1 easy, 1 medium-easy. Second one was a variation of a classic problem.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

Was Asked to do a coding test on HackerRank and then a Video recording interview through HireView. The HackerRank coding test had two questions and a multiple choice. The video recording interview had 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your skill set is a match for this position ?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 2 months. After a month did the Hirevue virtual interview, and a week later received superday invitation. A lot of behavioral/fit questions and scenario-based ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you had to deal with diversity.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

Interview

The interview was two rounds over the time of two weeks. Each round consisted of 3 interviews around 30 minutes each totaling 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. The interview is set up though a recruiter and short notice.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that an ECOMM compliance employee should look for?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

A long process of 12 interviews over 3 days, varying from one-on-one settings to a panel style interview process.

Having lived in Russia for a couple years, I listed it on my resume as a known language. One of the interviews was held completely in Russian, which was really just a conversation with a native Russian from the trade floor. After about 15 minutes of chatting, he told the VP in the room that my Russian proficiency was good, and we moved on to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in the U.S.?   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied and was sent a straightforward hackerrank challenge. Was later sent a hirevue interview, all behavioral questions. Invited for on site which was mostly behavioral, and general programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/resume based, one technical question, general programming language questions   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the position by another USC alumni. The overall interview process was broken down into a phone interview and three back-to-back on-site interviews. Cool teams, the Municipalities team (CRG) was my favorite, but the Credit Risk Review Group (CRRG) was a close second. Everyone came off as very professional and articulate, but also made jokes in my interview and tried to make me feel comfortable.

They told me that due to an increase in the number of analyst applications they received this year, they couldn't offer me a position but encouraged me to apply again in the future - basically a soft no...

Interview Questions

• **Could you please state a recent economic event for a specific company and tell us how that event could impact the firm's financial creditworthiness.
      **Out of Apple and Coach, which company would you invest in and why?
      **What is a DCF?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question