Goldman Sachs Investment Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investment Banker Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

3.4

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied through school process. I was called into the room where two people talked to me. They were very intimidating to be honest- I think because I lacked in previous investment banking experience they sort of looked down upon me but I was able to answer all their questions. Still have not heard back though.

Interview Questions

• What are the three ways of evaluating a company?   3 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2016.

Interview

Was an on campus interview followed by a super-day? Interview questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.
    Some Questions: Tell me about yourself? Why GS? What is accretion/dilution analysis? Compare and contrast the different valuation methodologies

Interview Questions

• What are different valuation methodologies? Talk about a deal you've been following   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back in 2-3 weeks. the process was simple and straightforward. They told em to sign up using their portal for a time slot, and they conduced a video interview with an analyst and a VP of that division. Officially heard back from them in 3 weeks regarding next steps.

Interview Questions

• The interview started with introduction and general questions regarding why IBD, why finance, tell em about yourself and basic questions. Then they went on technical questions regarding how to value companies, what method to use and when, basic accounting questions etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

interviewed with two different guys on my final round. Half fit, half technical. For the technical questions, the relay started all the way from the "three most widely used valuation methods" to interest rates/ macro issues.

Investment Banking Analyst Sophomore Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 2 months later. I was then invited to interview online. There wasn't a live person. I was asked to respond to 7 questions, given 30 seconds of prep time and 3 mins of response time. All behavioural, no technicals which i expected from an online interview. I didn't move onto super days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a article that you recently read about the financial markets.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Non-target school. One phone interview then invited to superday. Superday consisted of 3 - 30min interviews. Nothing unexpected, know the technical side of things inside and out ( DCF, M&A, etc.). Be prepared for typical behavioral / fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, recent M&A transactions and how they were financed, etc.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received a phone call screening through campus/university recruiting. It was a Pre screening phone call and it was with the head of the IBD group. Friendly non-technical interview. The following week I spoke with an associate which was just an informal informational interview about why me and what he does at the bank.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

very long process.they don't recruit on my campus but i applied online. first two interviews over the phone, then flew to super day. everyone was super nice, they want you to have a good experience and be calm. my advice is to just be yourself, that is the best way to land the job of your dreams

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Superday. Behavioural. Very stressful. They asked about investment strategy, aka if we don't invest in T-Bill what will we invest in? Mostly about the 'fit', what sports you do, do you know enough of the team. Very conversational, but intellectually challenging - speaking of the technical part.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA).

Interview

Campus interview during second year of masters in business administration, they contacted me after learning that have had an internship in another investment bank. I did not submit a CV or application at this point.