Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017
3,408 Interview Reviews

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Hirevue interview so I did and then waited to hear back but did not get a response from anyone within the company. I haven't been rejected yet but do not anticipate another interview at this point.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the university you attended and was it a good choice?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward - a long day at their office interviewing with a handful of folks both virtually and in house. Questions were not difficult and applied directly to the opportunity we were discussing. They followed up promptly with an offer.

After the interview the process went down hill. HR really dropped the ball in getting things squared away in a timely fashion. I sent along all documentation, required tests/background info etc. I followed up with them three times over the course of a MONTH and they continued to say "I will check and get back to you". They even re-requested documents I had previously provided them (three weeks prior) which was very frustrating. During the 6-week waiting period for a background check to be fulfilled I ended up receiving a better offer from another company and took it. The competitor had my background, drug, fingerprints etc cleared in 6 days and I was ready to start. I want to work for a company that make client experience a priority - this was just awful and a big disappointment.

Interview Questions

• General questions about processes you are familiar with, experiences had, difficulties faced etc.   1 Answer

Strats Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Global Strats team interview. Online coding challenge first, phone screen weeks later. Coding challenge consisted of two programming questions using whatever programming language. Phone interview with an SVP is behavioral plus technical for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• implement an algorithm to fit n ads in one youtube video to maximize profit   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied months ago and finally heard back from GS. It was an interview through Hirevue and I was given 5 days to complete it. There were 5 questions with 30 second prep time and 2 minutes answer time. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application then received an email asking me to complete a 5 question video interview. After that was submitted they sent me an email telling me they wanted me in SLC for more interviews.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a HackerRank challenge the next day, 2 problems (easy - medium). Got all test cases. Didn't get any contact after submission but I realized I got rejected after I checked my status on their webpage several days after.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank, 2 problems, 1 easy, 1 medium-easy. Second one was a variation of a classic problem.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

Was Asked to do a coding test on HackerRank and then a Video recording interview through HireView. The HackerRank coding test had two questions and a multiple choice. The video recording interview had 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your skill set is a match for this position ?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 2 months. After a month did the Hirevue virtual interview, and a week later received superday invitation. A lot of behavioral/fit questions and scenario-based ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you had to deal with diversity.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter for a Contract position. The interview process is only one round of direct Face to Face. The interview was easy its purely a technical based interview, mainly concentrated on the previous project that i worked on

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

Interview

The interview was two rounds over the time of two weeks. Each round consisted of 3 interviews around 30 minutes each totaling 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. The interview is set up though a recruiter and short notice.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that an ECOMM compliance employee should look for?   Answer Question