Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.3

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Went to a Goldman event, interviewed the next day. Back-to-back interviews for about 3 hours, with a 30 minute break in the middle. Most interviews were behavioral. Make sure you have an example of how you worked with a team, or overcame adversity in a team. They won't expect you to know everything about the role, use this as a way to craft good questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Intense and Technical. The interviewer was an MD and began with a simple "Tell me about yourself." The conversation quickly flowed to interest in IB and then was a series of difficult technical questions. The interviewer was kind and gave good feedback, but would only have been impressed with a solid footing in valuation and the like, regardless of my noted lack of experience in the field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (State College, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward, both of the interviewers were very pleasant. They had me walk through my resume and asked me to elaborate on a few of the points. Then asked about my outlook on the market and had me elaborate on that. Also were looking for why I was interested in the Finance Division. They also asked if I had any questions at the end. They also were looking for networking within the company and who I had spoken to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly on the website and received a phone call in 2 weeks. The phone interview was brief then had a full day interview on site. I had met with 5 different people and all 5 pretty much asked me questions about my resume. Make sure you know your resume inside out and make sure you know the role of the position inside out. Each interviewer will try to bring out a flaw so make sure you nail every interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to have such a great GPA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by recruiter. After 30 minute screening interview, I was put forward to superday in Houston. It was a very fun experience and a lot less stressful than I imagined. All the interviewers were very personable and easy to talk to. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• All background and behavior questions. 1 or 2 half technical questions.   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2015.

Interview

Received a call from an HR representative where we set up a date for an interview with a member of the Finance Division.Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and the interviewer asked about my educational background, prior internship experience, and gave me an opportunity to ask questions. In a few days I received an email that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through career website of the company. I got an email the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was simple. We only talked about things in my resume'. No technical questions. The goal of the phone interview is just to collect information. Then the information will be presented to the team who will decide whether or not to move forward with the application. They will come back to me in two weeks. I am still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience. What did you do after you graduated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Three fit interviews with associates and vice presidents. There were some mathematic components and some very basic market question, but the largest focus was put on the fit. You have to be a generally likable and extrovert person, since the work is so client focused. Don't compare it with other parts of the division or the larger firm, I've heard of different people who tried to take this route and failed to get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1 phone round - 1hour, asked me to code in HackerRank. Onsite 4 rounds - 2 technical followed by one with a manager and one with a hr. If you perform well in first 2 rounds,you go to further rounds.Else,you're out. Overall they look for smart candidates with not so much focus on perfect coding skills,which is good I guess.

Summer Analyst-Finance () Interview

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email telling me that I had a phone interview. I picked a time and date for myself. My interviewer was female. It was for an internship position.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me about something she saw on my resume   Answer Question