Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,300 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,300 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tech Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Coderpad interview with engineer from Goldman sachs
    More like a discussion instead of an interview. Was too nervous to get it right in the first trial. Engineer help me guide the way.
    Interview question was not as I would expected to be.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I went to their office in Scottsdale where I interviewed with the two partners there for about 30 minutes. I answered there questions and asked some of my own before leaving.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

1. Coder pad (2 programming questions)
    2. Onsite (5 2-1 rounds)

Applied through a recruiting firm. Absolutely terrible experience. Did not provide me any accommodation or travel. People are not very smart. The interviewer asked me about my capstone project, he was not able to understand it as it was on advanced graph theory, he stopped me in between. After few tries he got where I am weak and tried very hard to humiliate me.
    Few people were good, few were terrible where, instead of trying to test my knowledge level, they were only trying to outsmart me. I did not feel like sitting for last round because felt very annoyed by their overall behavior.

Overall really humiliating experience, the questions, the giggling on wrong answers, and most importantly no lunch, no travel reimbursement or accommodation.

Interview Questions

• Java questions, Standard back end questions, Coding questions(nothing fancy, no algorithms knowledge needed)   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online in July, and heard back in August. I did a Hirevue interview and all questions had several layers that needed to be answered. All the questions were behavioral and situational. All superdays were sent out in early September

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very rigorous, involving several interviews back to back. The questions ranged from simple fit questions to more complex conceptual questions to evaluate how I thought. You need to show an interest in the firm and Investment Banking.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

A digital interview after submitting my application online, and I consider it as a first-round interview, overall it's 5-question video recording you should make. Even though some of my friends consider as a necessary step after documentation submission.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect a junior investment banking analyst will do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Just completed Hirevue interview (tracks movement and analyzes your movements compared to top executives). I have not heard back regarding in-person interviews or super days or offers. Applied through my campus link online directly to the bank, had attended various networking events before applying/interviewing.

Interview Questions

• If a fellow student posted the answers to a final exam on a student group webpage, what would you do and why?   Answer Question
    • What does IBD do?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

2 algorithm questions only, like what we did on leetcode. I applied online, and get the interview the next day. And then get the video interview a week after. The video interview has 4 questions which is medium to answer.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online,did a hirvue which was laid back.All the questions were situational.EG why IBD,Do you follow the market and if given ten million dollars where are you going to invest the money?Tell us about a time when you had to work with people from different backgrounds.The whole process was very positive and easy

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you failed,what are your strength?Tell me about yourself,why Goldman,Why IBD,Why should we hire you?and other questions were about my resume.You need to know your resume really well coz every sentence in your resume matters a lot   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First got a hacker rank challenge with 2 easy leetcode questions and then a hirevue challenge with 4 typical behavioral questions about past experiences. Still waiting to hear back from them for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• An unusual "Tell me about a time" question which I could not think of a good example for.   3 Answers