Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

2,124 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Strat/Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to do a HireVue interview. HireVue asked basic behavior questions, nothing technical. After the HireVue, I got invited to a superday where I did two interviews with VPs in the department. A mix of technical and behavioral, not really any finance related questions.After superday, I did another technical phone interview which had some finance related questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Got a hackerrank challenge within a few days. After completing the hackerank got invited to a digital interview platform Hirevue within a week. They asked basic behavioral questions and why I would be a good fit. After a month interviewed at their office in New Jersey, called Superday interviews. Two back to back 45 minutes interviews covering technical as well as behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The first round is coding question on Hackerrank. It gives you 45 min to solve two coding questions. You can use any language you want. The first question is to count the letters apears in a string and the second is the well-known two sum question. After 4 weeks, I get a phone screen and was asked some probability puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of pairs in an array that sums to a fixed number.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then flown to GS offices for two two-on-one interviews and one one-on-one interview. I was asked to explain a little about myself and my resume in each interview, as well as why I was interested in GS. Interview questions were scenario-based, knowledge-based, and descriptive; each question was well thought out and deliberate. Interviewers were happy to clarify their questions and asked excellent follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Reason for being interested in finance   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to analyze and present findings on risk   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with adversity and challenges   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple one-on-one 30 minute interviews. Often started out by asking me to walk the interviewer through my resume and then continued on with more specific questions about my experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There were four rounds of interview conducted over the phone, this included one informaitonal chat with the team manager. This was followed by one day of on site interviews, which consisted of 6 back to back interviews spread across pre and post lunch sessions.

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a HackerRank coding challenge in the beginning (1 DP question, 1 hashmap). Easy. Had HireVue interview. All behavioral; annoying but easy. Called for superday (2 45 minute interviews which went almost over till 50 minutes for me.) 1st one was 3 behavioral and 2 technical Qs.

Interview Questions

• Is posting exam solutions right? Machine learning questions because it was based on my resume.
      Print odd numbers from m to n, print prime numbers from 1 to n in optimal complexity.
      Some other BS behavioral question.

Second interview was way easier in my opinion - 2 technical questions (explain greedy, DP; *and a question about using hashmap), they like Java so know Java. Behavioral: your coworker has problems with some employee, wtf do you do about it?

*Question about hashmap: you have 2 integer vectors A, B. Go through each sets and print if they are present in A; present in B; or present in both.
      Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Goldman Sachs started using a new video interview software to screen out candidates. There are two stages with the first being more general questions about yourself and your motivations behind applying to goldman. Second stage video interview focuses on technicals and department specific questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

GS flew me out to New York for Superday interviews. It was three 30-minute interviews with different VPs. Essentially, we just talked in depth about my resume and why I want to work at GS

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

it was an online application followed by a video interview. the interview contained general behavioral questions for first round. video recording was a different experience. super day is much harder and more technical