Goldman Sachs Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

939 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

6 rounds in total, 2 for market risk, credit risk and operational risk each, 30 minutes per round. Interviewers are really nice. Some are behavioral and some are technical.

Summer Analyst- Treasury Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was notified that I had a hire view interview (first round). A couple weeks later a recruiter reached out to me and invited me to a super day interview at their New York City office. I had 3 back to back 30-minute interviews. One was a 1 on 1 with a newer associate and the other 2 were with 2 other employees who had been there a bit longer. The interviews were mostly behavioral except one was technical where they asked questions about a loaning capital for issuing bonds. Everyone I met was nice and the interviewers really just wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the riskiness of bonds vs stocks   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

For the first part, they use an online service called HireVue to do their preliminary digital interviews. The interview was pretty straight forward and consisted of technical and behavioral questions.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

Applied late November. I received a HackerRank challenge which was very easy. Two questions in 45 minutes -- I finished both questions/got all test cases. About a week later I received a HireVue interview. This interview had 5 questions, where you got 2-3 minutes to respond to each. Each question had 2 or 3 subproblems you had to respond to. That's where I messed up; I didn't really focus on the subproblems and ended up botching a lot of my answers. I didn't hear back after the HireVue. (At least not yet, it's been 2 months lol)

This was terribly my fault though; behaviorals should be very easy to pass. I feel pretty dumb for not getting past the HireVue. Really wanted this opportunity but it fell through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to hold a teammate accountable for their work   Answer Question
    • If your manager says you're not meeting expectations how would you improve your performance?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you had to make a challenging decision.   Answer Question

Services Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through the GS website. I was sent a link for a video interview and a week after I submitted the interview, I was invited for a super day at Jersey City, NJ location. Had three separate interviews with 2 people each, all of whom were VPs. 2 of those interviews were very smooth and interviewers made it really casual, but the 3rd one was simply terrible. Both interviewers gave the best poker face ever and did not react to anything I said.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team conflict you have faced and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question
    • Why Goldman Sachs? and Why Services division?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

I attended a few information sessions at my university and completed the application online. I received a notification for a first round via Hirevue and was invited to interview at the superday in Philadelphia about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a market trend you've been following.   Answer Question
    • What does an investment management analyst do and why do you think you would be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was interviewed via the Hirevue software. The digital interview was not easy to give as it becomes difficult to talk while watching yourself. The interview primarily checked the analytical skills and how fast you can think. Some questions were behavioral, but some did need knowledge from the investment banking/financial markets sector.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why ur current course for ms. Which options did u have. How did you weigh the pros and cons. How did you come to the conclusion that this is the right choice
      2. Explain a situation in which u had to resolve a conflict with a senior...?
      3. How does ur past experience and work help u to decide that auditing is the field u want to work in...? And how do u know this is the best choice for ur career...?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process is slightly different from the reviews I read.
    First you apply online, then they send you a programming challenge on hackerrank website. 2 problems for 45 minutes, with the second one explicitly asking for an optimzed solution. Then they send you a link for behavioral question to be recorded on HireVue. 5 questions; each question is followed by 30 seconds to allow yourself to prepare a response and then 2 minutes to respond. The platform allow to test some sample questions, but when taking the real ones is one shot only, no cchance to retry. After that I have been called for super day in NYC (New Jersey Goldman Sachs tower). There, the interview consists of only 2 45 minutes sessions with senior emplyee of different divisions, so there is no call in the afternoon. The interviewes are a mix of resume, behavioral and technical. No tour of the place, lunch or anything. You get the response if you get the position within 2 weeks.

A kind of stupid aspect is that they do not cover travel expenses between New Jersey and NYC, so do not fly on Newark unless you know which trains to take (it is faiirly easy, but if you arrive at a later time in the day, avoid it).

Interview Questions

• A colleague comes to you to ask for help because she can't work with her colleague due to incompatibility of the way of working. How would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • You discover that the president of your school association is posting solutions to homework and exams. How would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • You have 1000 coins. 999 are fair. 1 have 2 heads. You randomly pick one and toss it 10 times. It comes out 10 heads. What is the probability you pick the coin with the two heads?   2 Answers
    • You have a fair dice. What is the expected number of toss to see all the six faces?   2 Answers

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online along with resume. Received email of solving the coding challenge within 4 days.
    I am still waiting for their reply since I just completed the process. I'll come and edit the post as when any hear any further updates from the company.

The Interview for Summer Analyst had two rounds.
    1. Coding Challenge of 45 mins. 2 problems

2. Video Interview(Hirevue). 5 question of 2 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Coding Round:
      1. Print Reverse of String
      2. Dynamic programming of finding the number of ways to reach step n.

Video Interview:
      All questions asked were behavioral.

1. How did you cope up with missing information?
      2. What steps did you take to help a project team member?
      3. What was the mistake you made? How did you correct it?
      4. Issues faced when working in a team?
      5. What projects did you complete?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was a phone behavioral interview, trying to find a fit for a summer intern position. It lasted 30 minutes and ended with come simple case questions. The interviewer wasn't very friendly and was pretty judgmental feeling.