Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,232 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,232 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied and was sent a straightforward hackerrank challenge. Was later sent a hirevue interview, all behavioral questions. Invited for on site which was mostly behavioral, and general programming language questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral/resume based, one technical question, general programming language questions   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

A long process of 12 interviews over 3 days, varying from one-on-one settings to a panel style interview process.

Having lived in Russia for a couple years, I listed it on my resume as a known language. One of the interviews was held completely in Russian, which was really just a conversation with a native Russian from the trade floor. After about 15 minutes of chatting, he told the VP in the room that my Russian proficiency was good, and we moved on to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in the U.S.?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the position by another USC alumni. The overall interview process was broken down into a phone interview and three back-to-back on-site interviews. Cool teams, the Municipalities team (CRG) was my favorite, but the Credit Risk Review Group (CRRG) was a close second. Everyone came off as very professional and articulate, but also made jokes in my interview and tried to make me feel comfortable.

They told me that due to an increase in the number of analyst applications they received this year, they couldn't offer me a position but encouraged me to apply again in the future - basically a soft no...

Interview Questions

• **Could you please state a recent economic event for a specific company and tell us how that event could impact the firm's financial creditworthiness.
      **Out of Apple and Coach, which company would you invest in and why?
      **What is a DCF?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in last week of January and got a hackerrank coding test the next day . About 5 days after that I got a hirevue behavioral interview with questions like describe a time you had to give reviews to your team, tell us about yourself etc. Recording yourself seems a bit odd but don't take this lightly.
    I was invited for an on-site interview about a week later. They provided me with travel and accommodation at Conrad, New York for a night.
    My slot was from 11 AM. The interviews were started on time and I was done with everything around 2 PM. First interview was a mix of technical, behavioral and puzzle type questions. Went OK.
    Second was more technical than first with a few behavioral questions. They usually check for culture fit, previous work ex helps. Technical questions(mostly algorithms and SQL) were not difficult but I couldn't give optimized solutions because of lack of practice. They did give me nudges in the right direction.
    Two weeks later I got a follow up call asking if I had other offers and a week later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you have 100 continuous numbers, one number is missing, how do you find it?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I used the new HireVue program and really did not like the program. Phone interviews or in person are so much better and normal. Did not like speaking into a camera.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Standard digital webcast interview, a bit fast in terms of allocated amount of time given to prep/respond. Total of 5-6 questions asked on their company portal site, and was given about two minutes to answer the question. You are given about two practice questions

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds in total. 1st round phone screen interview with 3 VPs, 2nd round is superday with 10 team members, and 3rd round is an additional onsite interview with 2 VPs. Team members are very nice and easy going. The whole process is very long, I got the 1st round phone screen on 2/7 and received the final offer on 3/24...Be patient.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume
      Some simple technical Questions
      Tell me something not on your resume   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview: 30 seconds to listen to the question and 2 minutes to reply. The system is called Hire Vue and provides practice questions beforehand. These are very different from the actual ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act under time pressure and immediately. Tell us about the risk assessment and the outcome.   Answer Question