Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017
3,373 Interview Reviews

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Soon after application there were 2 rounds of online test - one coding test followed by a brief pre-recorded interview (hirevue.com). The online interview only had 6 behavirol questions and only gave 2 minutes to answer each question.
    I received superday 2 months later. We had 4 rounds of one-to-one interview, 45 mins each. Applicants will be informed in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A asymmetric random walk with 1/3 left and 2/3 right, starts at position x=0 and one step left (x=-1) is a river (absorbing boundary), compute probability of dropping into river   1 Answer

Technical Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Online Coding assessment which isn't too bad and then a series of behavioral questions on hirevue. make sure if you applied for multiple positions, you prepare for all of them. Usually only one question per position is asked + a series of general questions. Invited for super day for late january.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm sharing my experience here to end this confusing experience. I applied online via their website. Then, I did a video recording interview by the link they sent me. After a month, I received a notification of Superday to fly to SLC. I was studying abroad, so I was not able to fly to SLC and GS HR arranged an online interview. The Miss HR was very bad at replying emails, which took her 1 week to reply about appointment time.
    The interview had three rounds, and each round was 30 min. The whole process was basically some behavioral questions and some random questions on their mind.
    The first interviewer was nice and opened-up, who gave me some suggestions about personal development and mindset. The second round were two guys, which asked me some technical questions irrelevant to my position. The third guy were very careless. He basically said I'm tired after all these rounds of interviews. He rarely looked at camera ,and asked difficult questions. Plus, he was not answering my questions.
    After two weeks, I received a call about confirming my personal info, which sounds like the position was basically secured. After one day, the Miss HR sent me an impatient email that asked me to call back. After calling back, she just carelessly told me I didn't get the intern and the reason cannot be told.
    These two phone calls made me very confused. I'd say GS a prestige firm, and its board shares lots of wealth. Unfortunately, the staff there failed to be intelligent enough to know that the world is not around them for being a normal worker there.

Trading Associate Interview

Interview

Interview process was quick- met with three rounds of people. Simple questions. They had me come into the office and I met with the team. They were friendly and didn't ask me any hard questions. Was very slow to get back though, and I had to reach out to them to get a response.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was interviewed using the HireVue software. This was my first digital interview and definitely felt much different than an in person interview. The questions were mostly all behavioral with one simple technical question. I tried to focus on not watching myself as that was quite distracting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a difficult decision, and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Dallas, Salt Lake City, and New York City. Interviewed in person in Salt Lake City. Did an online webcam interview and was then invited in for an in-person interview, 3 rounds. Very nice office and very nice group of people. Interviewing was very straightforward and a lot of the resources available to prepare were provided by GS online.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed online through Hirevue and was invited to the SLC office for a superday. Three back-to-back interviews, 30 minutes each. Each round had two interviewers who asked a series of behavioral questions, situational questions, and questions about previous internship/work experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was completely online as I had to apply via the company website and at first it was a coding test and then it continued with the behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I have applied for this post on the company's website and it was a digital interview but before the interview I had a coding test which was of 45 min and even the interview was of 45min.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got into the technical online test. After that is the online video interview, which was mostly behavior questions. It asked to answer for 2 minutes with 30 sec to prepare before each question.