Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,468 Interview Reviews

3.2

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It's a first round phone interview with 30 mins. And it is for Controller Modeling (CM) group within the Market Risk Management and Analysis (MRMA) Department. First they ask you to introduce yourself. And then ask technical questions in mathematics, algorithms, and time series. In mathematical questions, they ask more details about what you answered.

Interview Questions

• Select average price in several fruit by using C++, or matlab   Answer Question
    • Solve the square root of 3   Answer Question
    • What is stationary in time series and the difference between weekly stationary and strong stationary   Answer Question

Strats Division Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

1st round - screen process
    - got call right next day if you pass this
    2nd round - resume screening with recruiter
    - go through line by line from your resume.
    - they will find the best division that you would potentially be fit.
    3rd round - 3 code challenge in 45 minutes
    - not so hard at all.

Human Capital Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

HireVue recorded interview followed by on-site visit. On-site is 3 back to back to back interviews with mostly VP's from differing roles in the office. Was invited to follow up with the head of HCM in the Salt Lake City office for a 15 minute closing interview the day after.

Legal Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website. I received an email from the HR department to schedule a phone interview. I had that with two people about a week later and waited a week to hear back. I went for a 2.5 hour interview with two different people for every half hour in the NY location. I waited about a week after that, and had an interview with the head of the group and one of the lawyers. All were very personable and friendly. No crazy interview questions, mostly about my experience, what databases I had used, etc., if I had worked with a team, things like that. After that, I was asked to fill out a record of past compensation and am scheduled to talk with the head of recruiting for the division soon ( I don't know if I'll get an offer yet but Glassdoor only wants me to say yes or no)

Interview Questions

• Do you feel more comfortable when specific directions are given to you or when you have room to think of creative solutions to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in last week of January and got a hackerrank coding test the next day . About 5 days after that I got a hirevue behavioral interview with questions like describe a time you had to give reviews to your team, tell us about yourself etc. Recording yourself seems a bit odd but don't take this lightly.
    I was invited for an on-site interview about a week later. They provided me with travel and accommodation at Conrad, New York for a night.
    My slot was from 11 AM. The interviews were started on time and I was done with everything around 2 PM. First interview was a mix of technical, behavioral and puzzle type questions. Went OK.
    Second was more technical than first with a few behavioral questions. They usually check for culture fit, previous work ex helps. Technical questions(mostly algorithms and SQL) were not difficult but I couldn't give optimized solutions because of lack of practice. They did give me nudges in the right direction.
    Two weeks later I got a follow up call asking if I had other offers and a week later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you have 100 continuous numbers, one number is missing, how do you find it?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in August of 2016, got interview offer February 2017. The first interview was on HireVue (virtual) so you basically had to record your answer to a camera. Asked all behavioral questions like how do you solve a group problem, when was a time you resolved an issue, etc. Then I heard I got the 2nd on-site interview a week later. For that, I had 3 sets of 30 min interviews with two people in the division each. They asked why GS, why this division, walk me through your resume, It was intimidating as hell because I had to be escorted to this special elevator to get to the GS floor and I was so nervous. However, the actual interviewers were a little more laid back than I thought they'd be. Heard back a week later--long-story short, I blew it and they were nice enough to call me to personally call me, which I appreciated. So its all good. Plus it made doing other interviews seem much easier lol.

Just be prepared to talk about your goals and how what you've done in the past relates. Have lots of "team" related stories, and also try to relax

Credit Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Waited in the waiting room for 45-60 minutes. The interviewer was very cold. Turns out she was the director. Thank God I didn't get the job. Doesn't feel right at that place.

Interview Questions

• How do you figure how debt to income ratio?   1 Answer

Technology Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Received hackerrank link. coding challenge. 2 questions. 30 minutes each. failed only one test case out of 10. Yet no reply from employer. language choice- java/c++/js/python/php

Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.

Interview Questions

• java- 1. return pair of integers that sum up to return a number k [from a list of numbers]
      2. find first unique character from a input string   Answer Question

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process took around 4 months. GS came out to my campus to recruit future grads. First interview was a recorded Hire Vault interview...then a few weeks later, I received an email saying that they wanted me to fly out for 3 (30 min) back to back interviews...I ended up interviewing with 5 GS workers. They were all amazing and I really enjoyed speaking with all of them. I originally applied for a PT position but they wanted me FT. A month or so later, I had a phone interview with the VP in a different office for a FT position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral & Fit Questions.   Answer Question
    • Describe a process that you've made more efficient?   Answer Question
    • Rank Customer Service, efficiency, and risk management in order of importance   Answer Question
    • Describe my background (a lot in regards to my resume)   Answer Question
    • Do you fit the leader role? Give an example of projects that you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of when you've had to adjust who you are in order to fit into a situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a mistake that you've made.   Answer Question
    • Describe risk management   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I got a phone interview for the risk management internship. There were two people on the phone. At first they asked about some questions about my resume, like describe a teamwork experience etc. Then they went on asking about some concepts in finance, such as what is value at risk, delta etc...