Goldman Sachs Investment Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investment Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

very behavioral oriented, asked a lot about interests, clubs, what i did in my spare time. wanted to know why Goldman Sachs, why investment management etc etc. overall it was not a bad experience. the interviewer seemed both very intelligent and had good interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. After the 30 minute phone interview I received a call and an email inviting me to a superday. Met with several interviewers for 30 minutes each. Process ran smoothly and though more preparation was required, the behavioral questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• What are your two greatest strengths are and what two things would your best friend say about you to the same question?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview

The overall interview process took longer than usual as the position is related to a global setup. It first started with a phone interview with HR, then a video conference from their local branch office.
    This company culture focuses on their people and would like to hire the best from all candidates.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2008.

Interview

Company was interviewing at school, so I submitted a resume and cover letter to apply. I got approved for a first round interview on campus with two current analysts. They asked for stock recommendations and I walked them through the ideas in detail. They had many follow up questions, so required thorough understanding of the ideas. This was followed up with similar interviews with five different portfolio managers and analysts at their offices.

Interview Questions

• If you had $1M currently of your own money to invest, how would you invest it?   Answer Question