Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

3.3

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The online interview is fairly simple. You will mostly be asked behavioral questions with one exception. The behavioral questions tend to be "If a friend has stolen an exam and gave it to you, what would you do?", the exception should be a question regarding "why Goldman Sachs and how do you fit in"

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Goldman and Sachs and why would you be a good addition to the team you applied for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Video interview, conducted through the HireVue software. 6 Questions. Mostly behavioral questions. 2 Questions specific to each of the departments I applied to. Many situational question i.e. What would you do in this scenario. Not much technical knowledge required, except some knowledge about the department you are applyingto, and why.

Interview Questions

• If your friend obtains a copy of the an exam and offers it to you what will you do? How will they take your response   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted and application online and they contacted me a few weeks later for a virtual interview. That was pretty straightforward with behavioral questions. A few weeks after that they contracted me for a super day, which consisted of three thirty minute interviews and a networking event before. Very standard investment banking information with lots of pushback.

Interview Questions

• How does depreciation move throughout the financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was a hireview video interview, all behavioral. Final round was a superday at the Goldman headquarters. I had three 30-minute interviews with five VPs and MDs. All were extremely professional and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online,did a hirvue which was laid back.All the questions were situational.EG why IBD,Do you follow the market and if given ten million dollars where are you going to invest the money?Tell us about a time when you had to work with people from different backgrounds.The whole process was very positive and easy

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you failed,what are your strength?Tell me about yourself,why Goldman,Why IBD,Why should we hire you?and other questions were about my resume.You need to know your resume really well coz every sentence in your resume matters a lot   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Hireview followed by in person superday. Prior to hireview attended several on campus events and spent the summer building relationships throughout the firm. Received invite to superday about 4 weeks after completing the hireview. Superday consisted of several back to back interviews. Heard back about a week later following the superday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The first round interview is done online. There are 5-7 questions that come up, you have 30 seconds to prepare, and 2 minutes to answer the question. Some of the questions were ethical dilemmas, others were division-specific questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The first round interview is an online video interview consisting of 7 questions. 4 of the 7 are behavior related questions and the remaining 3 are in regard to the 3 divisions you selected on your application.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2017.

Interview

It was video-based. Questions pop up and you have 20 seconds to think of an answer. It keeps you on your feet! The questions were situation-based and they aim to find out ow you would act about a situation and how you would think about a process. A few questions ask about an experience of yours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

they had me do a hirevue interview. standard batch of questions (why IB, walk me through your resume, etc). exactly what you thought it would be like. didnt get an offer though oops