Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

2 first round phone interviews, and 3 face to face final round interviews.

Interview Questions

Got an offer in Financing Group under IBD, but preferred traditional IBD.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

on campus interview (1st round)

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview

I went through the first and second round for the IBD in London. First interview was typical fit/technical questions (dcf, comps, etc.). 2nd round consisted of 3 interviews, and since I wasn't based in London, were over the phone as well. Asked fit questions such as why London? All sorts of technical (dcf, comps, can you use EV/Net Income?, etc.) nothing too crazy. Last interview was a little out of the box, but just be open minded and think through every step carefully.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too crazy. Just know your technicals in and out. Be able to walk through an LBO, and explain which ratios are more useful for some companies than others.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Networked and eventually got invited for a superday. Had 5 two-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many hockey rinks are there in Canada?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen with basic questions such as tell me about yourself, why investment banking, as well as technical questions such as how do you value a company, walk me through a DCF (discounted cash flow), etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a recent deal you've read in the news and give me the financial details and rationale for the deal.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Got my resume passed to the HR by some people. Got the first round by HR and second around an associate from the team.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

I have had a phone screening but most of the questions are about technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for an investment banking analyst position in there Salt Lake City office through my school's career center. The next day I received an email from their HR department requesting a phone interview with me. I received a call the next day from a senior banker in there NY office, and I was expecting more of a relaxed behavior initial screen, but it was more of an interrogation than anything.

Interview Questions

• No technicals, just asking questions along the line of "what makes you think you have what it takes to be an investment banker," "why didn't you have a 4.0 in undergrad."   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

On-campus process at target school, submitted resumes then got assigned interviews.

Multiple interviews with final round, some individual some panel interviews (varied by person). Mix of fit and technicals depending on your experience. Always started by them introducing themselves and asking you to walk through your resume.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

They held a few information sessions at my school. I attended all of them and reached out to a few contacts a made. Then, short "informational interviews" were held with a selected group of applicants. From there they invited a handful to an early super day and let the rest go through with first round interviews and potentially a later super day in January.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about all of the different methods used to value companies. DCF walkthrough, comparable analysis, etc. Specifically, I was asked about which ratios would be used to value a start-up vs. a highly leveraged company vs. a large conglomerate with steady earnings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't negotiate an internship.