Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Goldman tends to ask much higher level questions than boutique banks. I wasn't asked any technical questions in the final round, with the focus much more on fit. They seemed focused on desire to work hard, teamwork, modesty. The first round was a 2 on 1 interview with the next round the final round. The final round consisted of 4-6 interviews on location.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very straightforward. Nothing surprising   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Miami, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with VP of investment banking. They were short and to the point. Asked questions about book knowledge of market valuations and cap structure. Also used a case study to better understand logical reasoning and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.
      2) T-Mobile is planning on placing orders for the new iPhone, how would you estimate how many phones they should order   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

First round was a fit interview. Second round was technical where they asked a few brain teasers and also asked how you would invest a certain amount of money. Final round was a mixture of technical and fit.

Interview Questions

• If I have you $1 million to invest tomorrow, what would you do with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Non-target school. One phone interview then invited to superday. Superday consisted of 3 - 30min interviews. Nothing unexpected, know the technical side of things inside and out ( DCF, M&A, etc.). Be prepared for typical behavioral / fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, recent M&A transactions and how they were financed, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Newark, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

I got to the interview and sat down, there were 2 interviews. First we talked about behavioral questions and then it got to the technical questions. It lasted about 45 minutes long. I actually sat down a did a mini LBO. They were very impressed at my work and they called me 1 week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Superday. Behavioural. Very stressful. They asked about investment strategy, aka if we don't invest in T-Bill what will we invest in? Mostly about the 'fit', what sports you do, do you know enough of the team. Very conversational, but intellectually challenging - speaking of the technical part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

very long process.they don't recruit on my campus but i applied online. first two interviews over the phone, then flew to super day. everyone was super nice, they want you to have a good experience and be calm. my advice is to just be yourself, that is the best way to land the job of your dreams

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received a phone call screening through campus/university recruiting. It was a Pre screening phone call and it was with the head of the IBD group. Friendly non-technical interview. The following week I spoke with an associate which was just an informal informational interview about why me and what he does at the bank.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied through school process. I was called into the room where two people talked to me. They were very intimidating to be honest- I think because I lacked in previous investment banking experience they sort of looked down upon me but I was able to answer all their questions. Still have not heard back though.

Interview Questions

• What are the three ways of evaluating a company?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

-Very thorough, meet with several members of team
    -Mix of fit as well as technical questions
    -Technical questions mostly basic finance -- DCF, how do you value a company, knowledge of industry of group you are applying to
    -Some brain teasers
    -Interview process is formal but not a bad experience