Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The medium is the message. The interviewer cares less about your answer to this question and more about the confidence, enthusiasm and passion with which you answer it.The speed of the response is the response. The biggest mistake you could make is pausing, stalling or fumbling at the onset of your answer, thus demonstrating a lack of self-awareness and self-esteem.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with analysts and then a final round interview that consisted of three rounds of interviews. Had a few technicals and mostly fit on the final round interviews. Chinese language proficiency required for HK offices

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting (New York City IBD Analyst)
    Two 30-minute interviews with one associate and three vice presidents.
    In the first interview, all questions are behavioral questions.
    In the second interview, all questions are technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman?
      Some technical questions, such as LBO, DCF, WACC, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Resume submission in school portal, HireVue, short interview with school alum, then superday in the office. Short interview with alum covered technicals and ranged from basic valuation methodologies to modeling-type questions given my resume. Superday was 4 behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are the adjustments between EBITDA and adjusted EBITDA in a healthcare company? What are the different valuation methodologies? If cost of equity increases how does the value of your company change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Webcam interview with recorded responses that must be answered within a time limit. Thirty seconds given to think about response before recording begins. There were 9 questions. Each question allowed 2 minutes to respond

Interview Questions

• The practice questions that were given as samples and not recorded before starting the real interview questions were very personality-oriented...such as what are your strengths? What is a time you failed and how did you overcome it? easy questions that are very typical, but then once the actual interview starts, the questions are not about your personality, rather, they are situational such as: you gave your boss paperwork and later realized you made a mistake...how would you handle it? So it made it hard to brag because you just have to say what you would do in that situation. I got around this by answering the question and then bragging by telling a story of how i did a similar thing in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Berkeley, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

They asked for a hirevue. I didn't get passed the hirevue. It was for an investment management and investment banking summer analyst. It was 30 minutes long and had 6 questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what made a good investment banker and asked me how I fit all those traits.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online and had one follow up call. Questions were a mixture of finances questions and current events. The interviewer was friendly and seemed to care a lot about how I think. Didn't progress past the phone screen so I can't say much beyond that.

Interview Questions

• Explain depreciation.   Answer Question
    • How do you expect current trade policy and federal reserve policy to impact the markets over the next 12 months?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The Hirevue interview had around eight questions, which were mostly about fit and wanted to know how informed/updated you are about the markets. The questions were not hard but they do expect people to be prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Got a HireView and then flew to New York, NY for an interview. The entire process took about 2 weeks. The HireView was straightforward behavioral questions. Very vague about acting in team settings.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

The first part was a hirevue where they ask pretty general things. Then after a 2-3 months I was brought in for a superday. The superday had 2 30 minute interviews.