Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Pretty standard process. 60% behavioral, 40% technical. The interviewer was somewhat friendly, but did pass judgment when I stumbled on one of the technicals. I will say that HR was very disappointing throughout the whole process. I found HR to be very unprofessional at this firm, particularly compared to its peers.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA).

Interview

Campus interview during second year of masters in business administration, they contacted me after learning that have had an internship in another investment bank. I did not submit a CV or application at this point.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Consisted of two first round phone calls and a superday. Mix of behavioral and technical mainly on previous transactions I worked on. Interviewed in their Jersey office during my final round and it consisted of three thirty minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past deals and what did you do on it?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

On-campus recruiting, leading to a super saturday final round interview process in NY.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Got an interview through campus. Interview consisted of 2 alums - 2:1 interview. First person was simply observing. Both interviewers stared at me without any expression.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The initial screening was a mix of technical and fit questions with a VP and further 2 rounds of interviews were with MD level execs. Focus was on team fit and on high level valuation concepts.

Interview Questions

• How would value a company that was previously successful but has recently lost significant market share because of a single event?   Answer Question

Associate-Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

got a phone call for an interview.that was scheduled one week after. 4x30, basic questions like why GS, why IB, basic accounting questions,etc.