Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

For the first part, they use an online service called HireVue to do their preliminary digital interviews. The interview was pretty straight forward and consisted of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with many alumni from my school in order to receive a first round interview. The first round interview was a HireVue. You record yourself answering 5 fit based questions with no technical questions. The experience was very off putting and definitely takes some getting use to.

Interview Questions

• What will make you successful on a deal team at Goldman?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Video interview two weeks later. Invited to Superday at Jersey City Office. Three interviews, thirty minutes each: 2-1, 1-1, 2-1. They were very friendly but the MD was intimidating, that is his job. Overall great experience but must be confident or else say goodbye to an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The first round process for Goldman is now done through HireVue, and online video interviewing service. They did this to cut costs and to cast a wider net of first round interviews (and probably to fend off accusations of bias). Easier/less time consuming but awkward interface. Weird to see yourself on camera and I would recommend the option where you block the image of yourself so you can focus on looking at your computer's camera and answering the question.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to make a consequential decision based quickly and based on limited information? What information did you rely on? Did you make the right decision?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2016.

Interview

Was an on campus interview followed by a super-day? Interview questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.
    Some Questions: Tell me about yourself? Why GS? What is accretion/dilution analysis? Compare and contrast the different valuation methodologies

Interview Questions

• What are different valuation methodologies? Talk about a deal you've been following   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back in 2-3 weeks. the process was simple and straightforward. They told em to sign up using their portal for a time slot, and they conduced a video interview with an analyst and a VP of that division. Officially heard back from them in 3 weeks regarding next steps.

Interview Questions

• The interview started with introduction and general questions regarding why IBD, why finance, tell em about yourself and basic questions. Then they went on technical questions regarding how to value companies, what method to use and when, basic accounting questions etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 super-day. Had to interview with 3 groups (2 people in each). Generally pretty laid back -mostly behavioral - but that was probably because I was interviewing as a sophomore. No brainteasers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds. First round on campus and second round in NJ office (superday). First round was mainly informational. Superday was 3 interviews, two were two-on-one and one was on-on-one. Asked some technical questions but weren't hard (DCF). Some balance sheet questions.

Interview Questions

• DCF model, brain teasers, previous work experience, leadership/extra curricular activities   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Mostly fit questions over the phone, some technical questions on SuperDay. First interview was made by alums, so they were very nice and welcoming. On Superday, most interviews were 2:1, and you could definitely feel a good cop/bad cop vibe.

Interview Questions

• If you had one million dollars, what would you invest it in?   Answer Question
    • Which of the valuation methods would lead to the highest valuation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

This is a summer analyst position in Singapore. There are 2 rounds of interview. First round is a phone interview with 2 bankers. Second round is one-on-one interview with 2 VPs. For both rounds, make sure that you nail you elevator introduction pitch in the beginning of the interview, which include brief background about yourself, why do you want to do IB and why Goldman Sachs.

Interview Questions

• For first round, make sure you know basic accounting and valuation questions. For second round, learn more advanced valuation questions, e.g. accretive/dilutive, CAPM- is market risk premium company-specific or country specific?   Answer Question