Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2018

3.3

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very formal. Two interviewers, very serious. It’s hard to admit you don’t know something, because they will not at all say “that’s ok.” I found it to be rattling, and I’m a very sociable person, but I can’t blame them at all! They deserve to be as hard as they want and the positions are very sought-after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and in November they sent an email asking me to complete a Hirevue interview. The Hirevue was around 4 question long and took around 20 minutes to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Superday was in the NJ office. Three back to back interviews and a meeting with the director of the program. Mostly behavioral and very relaxed. Best thing I found was to be aware of what is normally asked in IB interviews and weave those answers into the interview without being prompted. Such as bringing up companies the you follow or investments that you make. Major focus on teamwork and communication.

Interview Questions

• If you were CFO of a company and received a bunch of cash, what would you do with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application on both School recruiting site and GS site. three weeks later I got a online interview (the app is hireview). It is basically you recording yourself answering a couple of questions. Basic behavioral interview, you get two minutes to answer the question and you only get to do it once.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out that the president of student organization was cheating on a test   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in September 2017. Got a HireVue, then a Super Day in October. There were three interviews, one just talking about my resume, one talking about technicals, and then one behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 major ways of evaluating companies worth?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online in July, and heard back in August. I did a Hirevue interview and all questions had several layers that needed to be answered. All the questions were behavioral and situational. All superdays were sent out in early September

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

A digital interview after submitting my application online, and I consider it as a first-round interview, overall it's 5-question video recording you should make. Even though some of my friends consider as a necessary step after documentation submission.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect a junior investment banking analyst will do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Just completed Hirevue interview (tracks movement and analyzes your movements compared to top executives). I have not heard back regarding in-person interviews or super days or offers. Applied through my campus link online directly to the bank, had attended various networking events before applying/interviewing.

Interview Questions

• If a fellow student posted the answers to a final exam on a student group webpage, what would you do and why?   Answer Question
    • What does IBD do?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

HIrevue was full of situational questions that were multi-part and you only got once chance for each question - there were about 5 to 6 interview questions and the hirevue lasted for 15-30 minutes

Interview Questions

• questions were about ethics, teamwork, and the final question was about IB   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online through university recruting resume drop on GS website. Digital first round with 6 questions on Hirevue; pretty straightforward questions but did not hear back from them for quite sometime after first round.

Interview Questions

• What does an investment banking analyst do?   1 Answer