Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back in 2-3 weeks. the process was simple and straightforward. They told em to sign up using their portal for a time slot, and they conduced a video interview with an analyst and a VP of that division. Officially heard back from them in 3 weeks regarding next steps.

Interview Questions

• The interview started with introduction and general questions regarding why IBD, why finance, tell em about yourself and basic questions. Then they went on technical questions regarding how to value companies, what method to use and when, basic accounting questions etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

This is a summer analyst position in Singapore. There are 2 rounds of interview. First round is a phone interview with 2 bankers. Second round is one-on-one interview with 2 VPs. For both rounds, make sure that you nail you elevator introduction pitch in the beginning of the interview, which include brief background about yourself, why do you want to do IB and why Goldman Sachs.

Interview Questions

• For first round, make sure you know basic accounting and valuation questions. For second round, learn more advanced valuation questions, e.g. accretive/dilutive, CAPM- is market risk premium company-specific or country specific?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds. First round on campus and second round in NJ office (superday). First round was mainly informational. Superday was 3 interviews, two were two-on-one and one was on-on-one. Asked some technical questions but weren't hard (DCF). Some balance sheet questions.

Interview Questions

• DCF model, brain teasers, previous work experience, leadership/extra curricular activities   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The majority were fit questions. There were also some resume questions but Goldman doesn't seem to focus that much on technicals if you didn't do an investment banking internship before. It's all about how you can fit into the team. Also have a strong answer for why Goldman. First round is 2 on 1 for me. There was an MD with an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an intellectual curiosity and how you developed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 super-day. Had to interview with 3 groups (2 people in each). Generally pretty laid back -mostly behavioral - but that was probably because I was interviewing as a sophomore. No brainteasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First round on-campus recruiting. Two rounds of phone interviews with a specific group followed by a super-day about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate the value of a commercial property with a single large tenant.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

First round and second round both in the office. First round was mostly behavioral, asked about my previous internships and how it relates to investment banking. I worked in real estate private equity the previous summer and the interviewer asked me how the process is similar to a leveraged buyout. Why banking? Pitch me a stock (know certain multiples about your stock (EV/EBITDA) and others that's related to the industry. Got a call an hour later to come back the same day for the final round. 3 interviews of 30 minutes. Random brain teasers like one about buckets (3 liter and 5 liter, how to make it 4 liters). Overall less technical than other investment banks, they focus a lot on fit and how you know the markets.

Interview Questions

• What is a shareholder's right's plan? (poison pill)   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening, then was called in for a superday in the Houston office. All of the guys were pretty easygoing, not too many technical questions. Mostly fit, why energy, why Goldman, etc. Didn't give me an offer, but did offer to help me with feedback on future interviews, which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Can a stock that is more volatile than the market have a negative beta?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Had an on-campus first round interview that was mostly behavioral (likely because I'm a sophomore). Was invited to a superday (exclusively for sophomores) that took place about 3 weeks afterward in their Jersey City office. The superday consisted of 3 back to back interviews and was again mostly behavioral, although the interviewers did ask some technicals related to my previous banking experience. I received a phone call with the offer during the next business day.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a deal that you worked on at your last internship. (That led into subsequent questions about valuation, industry differences, etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied through college's career services office and through Goldman Sachs' website. Received first round interview. Did not get a same-day second round interview. Interviewer began with technical, rather than fit questions, which led to an awkward start. Asked a brainteaser; in retrospect, it was more important to remain cool, calm, and collected, then arrive at the right answers. Testing composure. Had to pitch a stock.

Interview Questions

• Where would you invest your money these days? Pitch me a stock.   Answer Question
    • Which would you rather push: Button A with X or Button B with Y? (Question regarding appreciation and interest rates)   1 Answer