Goldman Sachs Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Very bad experience. Although I answered each and everything asked by the interviewer.I was not selected.
Had two technical phone screen interviews with one week gap in between.
Advice : Do not waste the time of the candidates if you don't want to select them.
I had an industry experience of 3 years but the recruiter called me for 7+ years profile. The hiring management needs to make some good decisions regarding shortlisting the candidates when it comes to experience.Answered each and every question but I think they were confused since I had an experience of 3 years only.Be clear when selecting the candidate to interview.

But , HRs were nice and they gave the results quickly.

Interview Questions

• Good data structure questions based on resume.
    Graph questions regarding level order traversal of a graph.
    Missing numbers question.
    Binary tree basics.
    Decorator Design Pattern.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 rounds
    -Phone screen
    -Video interview
    -In person
    I cleared the phone screen but did not clear the video interview.
    The phone screen was straight forward asking basic SQL and java.
    The video interview was also straight forward, something learnt at school.
    Abstraction,Encapsulation,HashMap,HashTable.

Interview Questions

• what is final, what is its implication on method,class and variable?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round phone interview ask basic core java, only basic questions, not hard. Second round also phone interview with big scope, also asked some core java, exceptions, collections, MultiThread, and programming questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the root class of java ?
      Tell me some of the main methods of Object class you know?
      What does the method NotifyAll() does ?
      What is the use of concurrentHashMap() in multithreading?
      What are different kind of Indexes in SQL?
      What are difference between DELETE and TRUNCATE in SQL?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview:

1. Why finance?

2. What do you see as your biggest strength?

3. What are three leadership qualities that you possess that you are proud of?

4. Why do you want to work in services?

5. Why Goldman Sachs?

6. What is your weakness? - Perfectionist

7. When have you been in a leadership position?

8. When have you been in a leadership position and failed?

9. When have you been in a group environment and not been the leader?

10.Tell me about your previous work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and got a telephonic interview in the next day. They called me for a face-to-face interview at their Jersey City office. I had a 30 minute written test. Questions were tough. After that I had two round of interview. The guy who was supposed to take the third round was absent so they said I am done for the day. After few days they called me for another face-to-face interview in their NYC office. They said its for another requirement for different teams. I had two round of interview that day.They did not ask me any questions from Java except one java program. Questions were basically from Unix and database related. Again the guy who was supposed to take my third round was unavailable. That's it. I am still waiting for their feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Greenwich, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

There were two consecutive technical phone interviews. The first by a senior Analyst, followed by the VP.
    The first one was very easy and had questions on OO concepts and java questions. The second was tough, he was interested only in EJB concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

Initially chosen to do a phone screen with a very senior manager. Interview placed more emphasis on scenario based questions although some questions related to core java where thrown in there to make a initial assessment. They are quick, the phone screen when well and was immediately asked to confirm a time for a in person interview. The in person interview lasted for about close to 4 hours in total. It started with a written test and then progressed to one of one and multi person interviews with employees from various teams. The type of questions they asked were above average and they like to test your problem solving skills. Overall the people are nice, they dont care much for your personality as long as you can solve problems. I am sure personality comes in other position, but not for a programming related job. There is certainly a lot of structure to their environment and you are expected to work hard and long hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview started with a written tech test, not very difficult. Then met with 6-7 individuals. They called me back for another role, but i was not interested

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

Got interview from a recruiter for a consultant position, face to face interview required. it took three and half hour for whole process. met three developers, one manger last. mostly technical related questions. for example: how to reverse a string recursively. also asked a few questions not Java at all CORBA and C++ because they are on my resumes. that really got me, because I did not prepare for that. Spring and Hibernate questions, for example why you get lazyinitialzationException and how to avoid it, spring design pattern...

Interview Questions

• why C++ deconstructor defined as virtual   2 Answers
    • how to find square root of integer   3 Answers

The rate was not good

Java Developer Interview

Interview

I had a technical interview with Goldman Sachs. I had to write code through an online IDE. I had to write some methods with the language I wanted. They made me comfortable and helped me with clues when I was struggling a little bit.