Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

165 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, and a recruiter emailed me the next day to schedule a phone screen. the following day another person reached out to schedule the interview - which ended up being the following week. met with 4 people for 30 minutes each. recruiter called me after the interview to see how it went. later that day she asked for my college GPA and current salary. 2 days later was told they did not want to move forward

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for a financial services company, having never worked for one before   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

After a live coding challenge using CoderPen, I came in for a three-hour on-site interview with four different interviewers. They concentrated only a little on technical questions and more on diving into the projects I'd worked on, what decisions I'd made on those projects, and why.

Interview Questions

• How to fashion a SQL query to connect the departures and arrivals of boarding passes to make one contiguous journey.   2 Answers

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The call came out of the blue from one of the recruiters over the phone and through email and there was always an ambiguity for what role I was being interviewed for. The recruiter very diligently failed to mention that in every email response when I asked what role is it. It was definitely for an experienced hire role is what I learned from the interviewers. The first round was a screen sharing coding test followed by 5 rounds of video call interviews. The funny thing is the team expressed that they wanted to bring me onboard. But when I reached out to the recruitment team after a week about the status of my offer letter, they informed me that team is no longer considering my candidacy. This behavior is called as pure "UN"professionalism and being "UN"ethical. A professional firm like Goldman Sachs acting like this shows the bad culture of the firm as they have no respect and have no integrity to stay on their word. Utter traitors. I would suggest the firm to please not call or commit with an offer and pull back like cowards if you don't have the capability or capacity to hire good talent. For sure you have all the time to waste but the candidate's time is precious. PS: the recruiters are equally laid back and unprofessional. They have no sense of commitment or candidate's time.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and below average level technical questions on Java and SQL.   Answer Question

Technical Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Online Coding assessment which isn't too bad and then a series of behavioral questions on hirevue. make sure if you applied for multiple positions, you prepare for all of them. Usually only one question per position is asked + a series of general questions. Invited for super day for late january.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First is hackerrank then is hirevue then onsite. What is notable is that I got invited for superday before submitting the hirevue interview.
    Superday was two rounds. First is with a senior level guy who's really friendly and funny... however he asked lots of behavior questions from the paper provided to him so I feel like it's not a good way of understanding each other. One technical question that was pretty fun. The second round is with two younger engineers who seems really unapproachable and unfriendly.. I basically walked out of the interview knowing that it won't end up good.

The HR will call about the decision. It only took them one week so that was really good. Overall the interview is very easy, but it really depends on who you meet on that day.

Interview Questions

• If your boss want you to meet a client that is from different culture, what will you do?   Answer Question

Strat/Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to do a HireVue interview. HireVue asked basic behavior questions, nothing technical. After the HireVue, I got invited to a superday where I did two interviews with VPs in the department. A mix of technical and behavioral, not really any finance related questions.After superday, I did another technical phone interview which had some finance related questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career website. Got a hackerrank challenge within a few days. After completing the hackerank got invited to a digital interview platform Hirevue within a week. They asked basic behavioral questions and why I would be a good fit. After a month interviewed at their office in New Jersey, called Superday interviews. Two back to back 45 minutes interviews covering technical as well as behavioral questions.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Simple enough. First the 2 question hackerrank test, then the hirevue a week later, then the onsite I believe about a month after.

The hirevue consisted of all behavioral-oriented questions that ask you to draw on previous situations and experiences, so prepare for that.

If you make it to the onsite, they pay for your flight and a nights stay at a 5 star business suite. On Superday, you'll get 2 45…

Interview Questions

• Dyanmic Programming, Usage of Arrays over Linked Lists, and Java specific questions. They really love Jave here.   Answer Question

Services Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through the GS website. I was sent a link for a video interview and a week after I submitted the interview, I was invited for a super day at Jersey City, NJ location. Had three separate interviews with 2 people each, all of whom were VPs. 2 of those interviews were very smooth and interviewers made it really casual, but the 3rd one was simply terrible. Both interviewers gave the best poker face ever and did not react to anything I said.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a team conflict you have faced and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question
    • Why Goldman Sachs? and Why Services division?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

1) Online coding
    2) video interview (five questions)
    3) superday interview (two rounds) in Jersey City. Nice view of the Hudson river and lower Manhatten
    Technical questions were very easy compared to silicon valley companies.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were very easy compared to silicon valley companies.   Answer Question