Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

405 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Spring Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process was very straight forward. I applied online (Motivational Statement + Resume) in January. I was invited to the Online Interview shortly after that (2 weeks) and was offered a place after it a few weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Goldman Sachs?
      Q: How would you deal with an unhappy customer with a complaint?   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiting team who asked me if i wanted to apply for the job due to their interest in my cv. Apparently they do massive hires (300/ 400 people) every few years and we were in the middle of one of those hires.
    Initial interview was a coderpad interview which went pretty well. All questions they asked me, i was able to find before the interview online, so it's worth prepearing well beforehand.
    I was contacted later the same day that i went throgh to the next stage which is face to face interview at their London City office.

That interview took forever to arrange due to the staff being on holiday, but after 1 month I got an appointment. It was meant to be a whole day of 5 different interviews with different heads of departments (mostly technical).

I had my first interview with two people from the department for which I was applying.
    There wasn't a lot of chit-chat, they went straight with the questions. Didn't really ask any personal questions but went straight to the technical ones where you have to write code on paper.

After answering all questions they asked in the first interview, I was surprised to be sent home quite rudely, without meeting any of the other interviewers.

All in all, not a great experience, they have no regard for your time and the fact that they might be potentially wasting your time. Quite stuck up attitude, and their office facility was quite disappointing for a company of that stature.

Interview Questions

• Coderpad: Find pairs in an array which sum equals to a given number.   Answer Question
    • Coderpad: Write an algorithm to calculate the nth of the fiboncci sequence.   Answer Question
    • Face to face: Tell me about yourself and why GS?   Answer Question
    • Face to face: Write an algorithm to get the first character in common in two words.   Answer Question

Campus Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

1st Stage: Telephone Screening
    2nd Stage: One hour 1-1 Interview with VP
    Final Stage: 45 minutes 1-1 Interview with VP + 45 minutes Interview with Associates = 1 hour & a half Interview

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs?
      Tell me about a time you had conflicting priorities?
      How to get familiar with all the different systems that we use?
      How do you manage high volume work load?
      What's your current role, what do you do on a day to day basis?
      Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

3 30 minute interviews with finance professionals , I was asked various questions and it was a comfortable interview. They asked some set questions and some general questions. You also get the opportunity to ask any questions

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

First stage was to submit a an application form. This included a question section which was required what was basically a compacted cover letter. Relatively standard.

Second stage was a digital interview. The questions were quite different to other interviews, very much scenario based where you have to think quickly.

Final stage was a Super Day. It involved three, half hour interviews. Interviewers were very nice. Lots of discussion about my CV. Some technical questions about investment banking.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I was invited for a video interview 5 weeks after submitting an application online. I was then invited for a superday a week after submitting the video interview. I received an offer a few days after the superday. The superday was a mixture of technical, competency and motivational, know your CV/resume and the division you are applying for inside out, be able to talk about each experience in great detail and length.

Interview Questions

• How to you analyse large amounts of data and what information can you draw from the data you have analysed?   Answer Question
    • What is an issue affecting GS right now?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Quick application process around end of September 2017, online interview then interview at HQ in early December.

3 rounds. (However only had expected 2 interviewers for one round. Very casual - my last interviewer wanted to finish early so they could go home).

Asked standard questions 'why Goldman?' etc. I come from a completely different background so asked me how I can apply my skills. I made sure to do my research and brought up some relevant trends which they liked. No offer but one of my more pleasant interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What skills do I possess that would be useful for this division?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Interview process moved very quickly and was completed a bit over a month. All interviewers were passionate and kind people. Got to final round but didn't get an offer - you need to be able to take risks and be extroverted

Interview Questions

• Given a list of their values and asked to say how my best and work qualities are reflected in those values   1 Answer

GSAM Side Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I am very sad because after 7/8 interviews, I didn't get the job - I felt pretty good after the final round and didn't know where was my flaw.

After all it was a very challenging and exciting process. All people from the team were extremely nice and brilliant. The HR was not very helpful and efficient but that didn't matter.

Questions were not too difficlut.

I do believe GS is a brilliant company to work for, but I guess my chance is over there :-(

Interview Questions

• How did you manage the risk (the position I applied is not related to portfolio management or risk management actually).   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

CV screening - 1st round Hirevue Interview - 2nd round Super day Interview

1st round Hirevue interview consists of 5 questions, and super day consists of 3x30min interviews. The questions were generally okay, but I found some of them very unexpected and difficult to answer.