Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

You submit an application where you need to emphasize your leadership skills, submit CV, and all the other things you would usually do for an interview.

If it goes well, you will have a phone interview where you will speak to a current employee (usually associate or VP). In my case, the interviewer was very pleasant and asked me about my courses in uni and some of the more odd parts of my CV. In my case, I wrote I had an interest in philosophy and we discussed Adam Smith and his relation to capitalism today.

Interview Questions

• Why GS compared to other banks?   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with an online HireVue interview, was contacted 2 weeks later to set a date for an interview in London. There were 3 different interview, 2 of them being normal interview questions and situational questions as well. The third was logic test in which a problem had to be solved in the most efficient way.

Interview Questions

• How did you find the training process in your previous job to be?   Answer Question

Trading Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online tests and conversations with different members of the team. Make sure you act natural and if you are the right person for the job, they will see that. Does not matter how prepared you are, they will see it. But to show motivation, you have to be prepared.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very long and gruelling, includes at least 5 steps. A full-day assessment centre, multiple interviews. The interviewers were somewhat stiff but asked very perspicacious points. Response is speedy, no feedback given.

Financial Crime Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, first round included 3x30 min interviews with the VP and team members and second round was 4x30mins. Staff were very nice and interview was about them getting to know you and seeing how you would fit into the team etc.

Interview Questions

• Run me through your cv, what do you know about the role   Answer Question

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First step the HireVue interview, with 5 competency based questions, next a phone call with someone inside the department, mostly technicaly and about the current status of global market, and finally they fly you out to London for a 2x30 min competency-based interview questions

Interview Questions

• Leadership situations, behavior in groups, market awareness   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

About a month after submitting the online application form I was invited for an online HireView interview consisting of 5-6 questions. I was later called and invited for final round interviews in person. I had three interviews, each half and hour long. At the end of each interview I was given 5 minutes to ask questions, make sure you prepare plenty.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me to tell them about myself at the beginning. Apart from that I would suggest preparing answers for questions about:

1. The division and the company (study each word used in the opportunity description, make sure you understand all of the concepts mentioned, and be prepared to talk for a couple of minutes about the company in general),
      2. Situations you experienced and how you responded to them (stressful, conflict, initiative etc)
      3. Analytical skills (what is more important)
      4. Motivation for applying
      5. Your strengths
      Answer Question

Human Capital Management Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Online application with a short cover letter. After 3 months I was contacted to do a video interview through an online platform. After 2 weeks I was contacted for a final round in person interview. The interview consisted of three 30 min interviews, mostly behavioural and competency based questions. Have examples ready, be prepared to answer why you want that specific role. The process was smooth and everyone was very nice.

Securities Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

there was a phone interview before on-site. phone interview was about behaviour qns like why you apply for this company(coz its goldman :p) why this division, career path plan, the most challenge thing, your activities besides study, your other experience wants to share.
    3 interviewers in different rooms. each for 15 mins roughly.
    they were kind but you don't know if you are right since they just watched on you saying few words.

Interview Questions

• -1st. SJT. given 10 scenarios and ask for your reactions. e.g. you are a waiter in a pub and you saw your colleague took tips away instead of giving back to counters(which was required in the pub).
      -2nd. walk through your CV. How you follow the market. talk about Brexit, crude oil prices.
      -3rd. talk about your trading strategies.
      Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for an industrial placement role, then got invited to take part in a pre-recorded interview. There were only 4 or 5 questions and they were mainly competency based. After a month or 2 (one month after the application deadline, 2 months after submitting video) I was invited to the final interview stage at their offices where I has 3 back to back 30min interviews, either with 2 interviewers or 1. All the employees were very kind and seemed interested in what you had to say. I got my application decision a week later. I asked for feedback and the people in recruitment actually called me to tell me, which I was surprised by as I'd read here that GS were bad at feedback. There were no technical questions just make sure you really know about the division and the role you're applying too as that was my downfall. I will definitely be applying again!