Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

403 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First, two online test, one math, one C++. Both are normal. Second, the virtual video interview, quite strange, only 4 questions and all are behaviour questions. Last, invited to onsite, three 45min interviews one by one. These become more interesting. Questions are behaviour questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If your friend give you the exam questions before the exam, what will you do   Answer Question

Sales and Trading SummerLondon Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to last stage assessment centre: 3 face-to-face interviews, thirty minutes each.
    Interviews were more like a chat than an interview, so way more chilled than I expected, although to be honest I am not sure what they were assessing this way.
    Some basic questions "tell me abt yourself" though.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that team problems happen more because of boys or girls?   Answer Question

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

You have to fill in an online form; then there is a Hirevue video interview; last round is a Superday (either 1:1 or 2:1 interviews) with various employees of the bank.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got invited to a HireVue interview and then to a superday. The HireVue consisted of mostly behavioural questions and a few on the divisions I had applied to. I am preparing for the superday at the moment and they mentioned it would be a competency-based series of 30mins interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the solutions to a test were published on a student forum you are part of   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Quick application process around end of September 2017, online interview then interview at HQ in early December.

3 rounds. (However only had expected 2 interviewers for one round. Very casual - my last interviewer wanted to finish early so they could go home).

Asked standard questions 'why Goldman?' etc. I come from a completely different background so asked me how I can apply my skills. I made sure to do my research and brought up some relevant trends which they liked. No offer but one of my more pleasant interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What skills do I possess that would be useful for this division?   1 Answer

Campus Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

1st Stage: Telephone Screening
    2nd Stage: One hour 1-1 Interview with VP
    Final Stage: 45 minutes 1-1 Interview with VP + 45 minutes Interview with Associates = 1 hour & a half Interview

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs?
      Tell me about a time you had conflicting priorities?
      How to get familiar with all the different systems that we use?
      How do you manage high volume work load?
      What's your current role, what do you do on a day to day basis?
      Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Technology Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of completing an online application (which included submitting a CV and a 300-word cover letter) and taking part in a HireVue video interview. The questions for this were predominantly behavioural/competency-based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the interest in the division for which you applied. What sparked this interest?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership in a group at school/work.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

first you must submit your resume and cover letter online. The cover letter should say why you want to work there, what you've done so far, and why they should hire you. To this follows an introductory interview only with fit questions, and then the assessment center. The AC is done at the bank and it's 3 interviews of 30 minutes each.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a video interview 5 weeks after submitting an application online. I was then invited for a superday a week after submitting the video interview. I received an offer a few days after the superday. The superday was a mixture of technical, competency and motivational, know your CV/resume and the division you are applying for inside out, be able to talk about each experience in great detail and length.

Interview Questions

• How to you analyse large amounts of data and what information can you draw from the data you have analysed?   Answer Question
    • What is an issue affecting GS right now?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

First stage was to submit a an application form. This included a question section which was required what was basically a compacted cover letter. Relatively standard.

Second stage was a digital interview. The questions were quite different to other interviews, very much scenario based where you have to think quickly.

Final stage was a Super Day. It involved three, half hour interviews. Interviewers were very nice. Lots of discussion about my CV. Some technical questions about investment banking.