Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.3

Spring Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Apply with online application form. Application form includes regular standard details and cover letter that explains your motivation for applying to GS and your skills(300 words)
    2. If your application fits they invite you to complete a pre recorded video interview through Hirevue before a given deadline
    3. Then they email you whether you've been accepted or not

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest strength and how did you develop it?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews. Asked probability questions with dice, unbiased estimator, basic financial calculus including derivative pricing, c++, python, R. Not too difficult. Quite hard to understand the interviewer and he wasn't very helpful when asking questions regard the company.

Interview Questions

• Probability questions with dice, unbiased estimator, basic financial calculus including derivative pricing, c++, python, R.   Answer Question

SummerSecurities Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

First an online interview via the new Hirevue platform with mostly behavioural/experience questions. 2 weeks later I was invited to final round interviews. I interviewed with 3 senior people from different desks. All were very friendly, asked the typical fit questions (Why you? Why Goldman? Why this internship?), some behavioural and some general questions about financial markets. There were only few technical questions (might have been due to the fact that I study maths). A week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the derivative of Vega w.r.t. implied vol called?   1 Answer
    • Consider two european options with 3M and 6M maturity respectively. Is it possible for the 6M option to be cheaper?   1 Answer

Operations Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website, after being invited to a pre recorded video interview online I was then invited to their London office for the final round of interviews. This consisted of 3 back to back 30 minute interviews, 2 1v1 and 1 2v1. The overall experience was great, there weren't trying to catch you out or anything with questions, they just wanted to get to know you personally, the way your mind works and your motivations behind applying for the role at GS.

Interview Questions

• Explain the trade life cycle.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself & why have you applied to GS over our competitors (got asked those in every interview)   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

Interview

one cv and cover letter, followed by a video interview
    They ask you normal competency questions-
    why GS?
    whu Finance?
    Role Finance?
    Your skills?
    Then you proceed to final stage interview
    THree 30 mins interviews with recruiters
    then offer

Securities Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

there was a phone interview before on-site. phone interview was about behaviour qns like why you apply for this company(coz its goldman :p) why this division, career path plan, the most challenge thing, your activities besides study, your other experience wants to share.
    3 interviewers in different rooms. each for 15 mins roughly.
    they were kind but you don't know if you are right since they just watched on you saying few words.

Interview Questions

• -1st. SJT. given 10 scenarios and ask for your reactions. e.g. you are a waiter in a pub and you saw your colleague took tips away instead of giving back to counters(which was required in the pub).
      -2nd. walk through your CV. How you follow the market. talk about Brexit, crude oil prices.
      -3rd. talk about your trading strategies.
      Answer Question

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After the application I waited for abut 5 weeks and got an invitation for the first round. First Round is HireView. Its a video interview- 7 questions, 30 seconds to think and 2 minutes to answer. Time pressure is harsh but I somehow got through to the last round.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this division of Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then had to do a series of tests. The interview was a video one and there were 5 question. I had 30 seconds to think about each question and 2 minutes to answer. There were mainly questions about team work, times when you were wrong and when you had to make a decision with incomplete information.

Interview Questions

• Time us about a time your friend was relying on you to complete an assignment, what did you do?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Securities Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First video interview through HireVue. It was pretty basic (5 in total) and a lot of situational questions. Stressful and strange talking into the camera though... Final question was tailored to the division I had applied for.

London interviews comprised of 3 consecutive ones with a bit more senior employees. To be honest they were all very conversational, the interviewers had some questions that it seemed that they were mandated to ask (but not really wanted to). It was all very situational and competency-based, though it might have been due to my personality though since I know people who have gotten a far more technical interview than myself. Overall great, just stay calm and show that you are good at interacting in team and follow the markets.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an invitation for a recored interview. It is all based on behavioural questions, five of them in total. I did it at a bad time as I was kind of tired already. Make sure you are in a situation that you can react to the questions quickly and have your brain think clearly. Make sure you can come up with examples fast since you only have 30 seconds to prepare for the questions.

Interview Questions

• Why this location? Why Operations? (The only non behavioural question I can think of)   Answer Question