Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

3.2

403 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

You have to fill in an online form; then there is a Hirevue video interview; last round is a Superday (either 1:1 or 2:1 interviews) with various employees of the bank.

Sales and Trading SummerLondon Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to last stage assessment centre: 3 face-to-face interviews, thirty minutes each.
    Interviews were more like a chat than an interview, so way more chilled than I expected, although to be honest I am not sure what they were assessing this way.
    Some basic questions "tell me abt yourself" though.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that team problems happen more because of boys or girls?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

First, two online test, one math, one C++. Both are normal. Second, the virtual video interview, quite strange, only 4 questions and all are behaviour questions. Last, invited to onsite, three 45min interviews one by one. These become more interesting. Questions are behaviour questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If your friend give you the exam questions before the exam, what will you do   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Failed technical phone interview, which lasted 45 minutes. The coderpad was used, which is a quite nice tool. I was given 2 tasks. In each I had to implement a body of function. None was too difficult. My mistake was to have the interview after the lunch, so stumbled for 5-10 minutes initially, but then recovered and finished coding fairly quickly. Asked few quiestions, which highlighted that GS are fairly behind in terms of compiler/C++11/14.

Interview Questions

• Can’t disclose, but difficulty is comparable with “easy” on hackerrank   Answer Question

Global Investment Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

HireVue Video Interview after applying online. There were 6 questions, two about a market you are interested or a stock. Each question had a 2 minute limit and 30 secs to prepare prior to answering. There was no why GS question.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've worked in a diverse environment and what affect did it have.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview with 5 pre-recorded questions, followed by 2-3 minutes of answering time. Questions are quite unconventional such as Your student council president leaked the questions and answers on social media. What factors would you consider? What would you do?

Interview Questions

• Evaluate a recent event that would affect the bank from a risk perspective   1 Answer

Investment Management Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a hireview video interview using my PC camera. It took about four weeks to get the interview and I had two days notice before the interview completion deadline.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you engaged with someone who is completely opposite from you. How were you able to adapt, what steps did you take, and what did you say?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Overall the interview process was great!

Initially i was contacted by a member of HR who asked for my availability the following week- we managed to set up a 2 part interview. The first section was a 2:1 interview with an accociate and a team leader. The second part was a 1:1 with a VP in my area. Both interviews were pretty simple and everyone was supprisingly nice. I had prepped a LOT- but expected a grilling, really it was more like a chat and getting to know each other. They do ask for specific detailes on your CV however so for htis stage make sure you know it insdie out. each part lasted approx 40 mins.

A few days later i had feedback to set up the next stage from the same person in HR for ASAP. This was conducted the following week and I skype interviewed with two people from the India (Banglore) office. Again these two people were great guys! This stage also felt like a chat and lasted only 30 mins...

This is when the longest wait of approx 2 week happened. I reached out to my HR contact who informed me a second recruiter from the UK office (my current contact was in the US) would like to deliver feedback at the end of the following week- about 3 weeks after my 2nd stage and 4 weeks from my first stage.

I 100% thought this was going to be a "we thought you were good but someone better came along" type of call.. However the day came and I recieved a call from the second recruiter- She offered the job and went through all the the detailes with me!

Now it's just background checks and getting ready for my first day.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

7 inderviews during a whole day. All interviewers were very nice and helpful, more conversations and less tests. Each person interviewed me according to their own specialization, and they gave me the impression that failing at their questions doesn't necessarily mean I failed the interview, which helped me a lot to remain motivated all along, even after failing at some answers.

Interview Questions

• You’ve got a 10 x 10 x 10 cube made up of 1 x 1 x 1 smaller cubes. You drop the cube and the whole outer layer of cubes fell off. How many cubes are left in the big cube?   2 Answers

Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online with a cover letter, then had a hirevue interview and then had final round interviews at their London Office. Consisted of 3 half hour interviews and no tests