Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.3

354 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Realty Management Division - Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Step 1 - Call with recruiter lasting 60 mins - really digging into details on CV
    Step 2 - Two 30 minutes interviews face to face at GS London
    Step 3- 8 more 30 mins interviews on site at GS London one of which was a call with the USA

4 days later have been rejected

Loads of good feedback from them, but it felt that my experience wasn't exactly what they were looking for and they don't have time to train.

Interview Questions

• Who is the CEO of GS?
      Loads of questions from CV
      Competency questions   Answer Question

Placement Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Mostly competency based questions, but they also asked a lot of questions from my CV.

The first interview was through the phone. It was quite straightforward - tell me about yourself, why GS, why Operations and mostly from my CV. Heard back from them the next day for the final round. Similar to the final round, but less competency questions.

The final interview was held at the Peterborough Court office. The building is not so obvious, so make sure you have extra time to look for it. For the final round (three back to back interviews), there were two representatives per interview (although there was only one person who interviewed me for the last round). No technical questions, but one of them asked me how the FTSE 100 was doing that day. The three interviews were very similar. I had to answer the question, "Tell me about yourself" three times (four in total, if you include the first interview). Heard back from them about two weeks after, through a call in the morning.

It helps to know everything you wrote in your CV in detail, they might ask you many questions about it. They're all very friendly though, so the process was not as daunting as I had expected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to present complex information in a simplified way to another person.   1 Answer
    • What piece of recent news do you think would most likely impact the Operations division as a whole?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you have made an improvement or made something more efficient.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at school/university/work. What did you do to solve it?   Answer Question
    • Have you encountered a situation where you had to work in a project and made everyone feel included? (Can't remember the exact question, but it was something like this)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Was competency based, talked about my CV first and then was asked question about my competency in relation to what suited them. Also asked me why I was interested in Goldman Sachs. Recent news article. When I have worked in teams. A Time when I have worked under pressure. Still about to do my second round interview.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The application process is simple; just a cover letter of 300 words or less and CV to be submitted. I then waited a month before I was invited to the first round of interviews. The day after I completed my interview (one to one and entirely based on competency, with the opening question being 'Why Goldman Sachs'), I was invited to the 2nd round of interviews, which I am yet to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you make decisions without any data.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I took the standard online application process. After more than two months I was contacted via email and given the chance to either meet them in their London offices or to take on a 30 minutes 1v1 phone interview; I chose the latter. Questions were mainly behavioral, the classic ones that can be found in 90% of reviews for this position, though I got a few technicals as well.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an investment bank and a retail bank?   Answer Question

Operations Placement Year Interview

Application

Interview

Applied on the day of deadline. Received First round invitation in the following week. 20mins competency interview in London on 12th Feb.
    Received final round few days later, three 20mins interviews with 2 assessors each. Mostly competency questions as well, few questions like what do you know about Goldman Sachs and Operations in finance industry.
    Haven't received result yet.

Interview Questions

• What kind of things do you think Operations at Goldman Sachs is doing   1 Answer

Operations Work Placemenent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was well run and all the interviewers were friendly. Applied online then invited to interview around a week after. The first interview was fairly relaxed, 1 x 30 min interview with one member of Ops, I received my offer for the final round the next day. Final round interview 3 X 30 min with no real break in between, slightly more difficult questions. Make sure you know the division and show why you would suit Ops.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

You should always take the time to think through your resume / CV and prepare to discuss the items on there – even if you only have 15 minutes to think about it – but the rest of this list is optional and depends on how much time you have available.

Interview Questions

• 1. That guy over there is from Wharton / Harvard / LSE / Oxbridge and has perfect grades – why should I hire you over him, given that you’re much less impressive?
      2. Why did you NOT receive a return offer from your internship?
      3. What’s your greatest fear about investment banking?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

One 30-minute interview, followed by 3x30min a week later. Did not ask about technical aspects as they knew I was not from a finance background. The interviews were focused on general competencies, motivations, and experiences - mostly asking to exemplify a situation in the past that was challenging in some way and how I dealt with it, or a situation in which I have demonstrated a particular quality that they are looking for.

Operations Interview

Application

Interview

Reasonably hard - lots of questions. Not many technical, was only with 1 senior member of the operations team. All the usual questions about why you want to work for the company and why this role but also questions such as 'describe the life cycle of a trait'.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have made an error, what would you do to stop this from happening in the future?   Answer Question