Goldman Sachs New Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs New Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2010.

Interview

The phone interviews were very easy, only behavioral questions. You should know exactly why you want to work for Goldman Sachs and if you are coming from a background different from finance, you should definitely relate it to why you want to work in finance. Be very relax and honest. Prepare good examples form your past professional and educational experiences and use good keywords when you describe your skills such as leadership, team-oriented, innovator, etc...

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation when you worked in a group and it didn't work well. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I just met them briefly at a university information session, and gave them a copy of my resume. A few days later they called back for an interview. The interview was 4 back-to-back 30 minute interviews. 2 interviewers with 1 interviewee. They introduced themselves, then asked me to go through my resume. In between they would ask questions relating to the job, company, etc. They said they would get back to us in a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Please rate the importance of risk management, employee relations, efficiency   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the finance division, and I was interviewed for the controllers position. I was contacted initially via email for a telephone screening. A week after the screening, I was contacted for a on-site interview only two days later. The interview was two, half-hour interviews with two people each time.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the doings of the European Central Bank, which was relevant to my resume.   Answer Question

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiter at university career fair. Received email to interview with Goldman the following week. They took care of flight arrangements to and from Dallas, it was all very easy.

I met with two teams looking to hire new grads. Both interviews were composed of 3 thirty minute interviews with different people on the teams. I was asked a variety of technical and behavioral questions about previous work experience and university course work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2016.

Interview

Applied in October and was contacted in January. I was first scheduled a first round phone interview. I was never called, apparently they were busy. I was then rescheduled for the next week. Interview was rather informal, all resume-based and standard questions. Received a rejection email about 5 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

Video interview through Hire view interview. Four weeks later still no repose. At least provide some feed back to applicants. The interview process is awkward in front of a webcam. About 5 or six questions with one minute to come up with an answer and 3 minutes respond.

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There were 3 rounds face-to-face interviews, and every round had 2 interviewers. The whole process was around 2 hours. The interviewers were friendly and asked about both behavioral and technical questions.

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

My interview was through HireVue. It was a pretty straightforward process and the app lets you practice doing a video interview. After the question was asked, I was given 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 3 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a current event I follow and the role it plays in the market.   Answer Question

New Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, through the GS website. Got a HireVue Interview call within a month. Had 3 days to prepare. HIrevue has 5 questions, 30 secs to prepare and 2 mins to answer.

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received a standard online programming test with 2 questions. Both of them easy to solve. Cleared all the test cases for both the questions. More than 60 days, haven't heard back.