Find jobs for New Analyst

Goldman Sachs New Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 58 of over 7,841.0 interviews

Other2%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

There was an initial assessment which contained of Programming and/or Math questions. The Programming task was pretty simple and there were math questions which included advanced calculus and statistics and probability. The math part took some time to solve however it was not as hard as I expected it to be.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think you are fit for this role?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY)

Interview

It was pretty good. You had to pre-record an interview via Hirevue which had practice rounds beforehand so you could be prepared. You had a couple of days as a deadline to submit. Once you started the official interview questions you cannot stop so be prepared.

Interview Questions
  • -Tell me about you. -Walk me through a time where had to overcome something difficult.

What people are saying about Goldman Sachs

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

a

Consultant

Just heard about this Goldman Sachs survey. Why didn’t those overworked analysts just sleep more? Like it’s not that hard? Idk just feels like they’re complaining.

1,297

87 Comments

Finance

48K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Goldman Sachs~2800
Join the conversation on

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Two-stage process: The coding interview then Hirevue. Mostly if you clear the coding interview then only you hear for the Hirevue. The hirevue can be challenging as it is a one-way interview thus you don't know how your interview went.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in Feb 2022

Interview

2 rounds- first had some easy behavioral questions along with a design question, needed to be coded, second had just one design questions which needed to be coded. The interviewer for second round was really gross, he was just cleaning his ear all the time with his fingers

Interview Questions
  • q1) design a MaxStack in O(1) time q2) design a trafic light controller

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Did the hirevue interview, it wasn't difficult but some questions I wish I had more time because of the time limit and had to make my answers brief. It was a virtual interview and it is no 1 to 1 but more of you record your answers and they give you at least 2 min.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to handle a difficult problem?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in Nov 2021

Interview

quantitative strategist under Engineering team in Dallas. OA as per usual, then a interest form followed by superday invitation. Two one hour interview, each conducted by two interviewers together, nothing else

Interview Questions
  • Asked for a bunch of probability questions in first one, followed by a simple coding question. Second interview asked some random math questions, like what basic linear algebra, activation function in Neural Net etc., followed by LeetCode question 200

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

It was 2 coding questions from Hackerrank and 10 Math MC questions. Overall, questions were average, but some of the math questions were hard. Hopefully, I could answer to all of them correctly.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Oct 2021

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interviews of 60 minutes each. Interviewers asked me more behavioral than technical questions. Also, asked me to go through my resume and talk about my projects.

Interview Questions
  • Walk us through your resume and code two sum and prime factorization problems

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Oct 2021

Interview

HireVue was pretty straightforward, mostly behavioral questions: tell me a bit about yourself, what would you do if you have a conflict in the team, etc. Haven't heard anything and it's been a few weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England) in Sep 2021

Interview

There were 8 questions in the Hirevue interview. 5 of them were situations. The remaining three were motivational questions for the departments I applied to. For example, what skills do you have that makes you suited to ______ divison?

Interview Questions
  • What skills do you have that make you suited to the Risk division? What is something in the new that relates to the Global Investment Research division?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Interviews