Goldman Sachs New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an intern super day. I interviewed with three people. One was more of a conversation, where I barely had the opportunity to speak. The second was very technical and the third was more analytical.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked text book computer science questions, some of which I recently had for homework, so it was pretty easy. There were a couple of brain teasers and mostly fit questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview process is very generalized. You are challenged to talk about your own experiences and then expand on those experiences. The interviewer may grab onto a topic and dig deeper to see how much you know, and then proceed further with the general questions. I felt the interviews didn't necessarily get hard, but instead, each person was an expert in a slightly different area of work. So the questions were changed to fit their style or expertise.

Interview Questions

• What database systems have you used at school or work in the past. Tell me about a challenge you faced when trying to work with one of those databases. Here they likely would dig deeper into a coding or database specific question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Got call from Goldman Sachs for the position, the process was not at clear, they invited to NYC without any details on the team I will be interviewing with. They have various roles like Business analyst, Programmer analyst within this role. I was not sure which position have they called me for and it was surpise till the end. I got interviewd with 2 teams and had 6 rounds of 30-45 minutes interview. It was for BA position so mostly based on experience, Resume and Behavioral.Got offer from one of team accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2013.

Interview

Was at a career fair and went to one of their hospitality suites
    Gave the man my resume and ask me for an interview time that next day at the booths
    At interview there were two older men, one who had been there for 29 years and another 26 years. There tables was blank, which I thought was odd. So i handed them my resume and neither of them were taking notes on questions they were asking me.

They just skimmed my resume and asked questions about EVERYTHING that was on there.

They said they would email me if they would consider me but i had a bad vibe with them anyways and another guy i met that had an interview said he got asked for a 2nd interview right his first interview at the career fair

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through the career services center at the University of Utah. They held information sessions up at the university and I was informed I had to apply on the gs.com website as well. After two weeks I was informed I was accepted for the initial interview. This was a 30 minute on-campus interview where two VPs in the technology dept asked about my experiences. They asked one question, how would you print the coordinates of the edges of a grid going top left to top right, then top right to bottom right, then to bottom left.

I was invited to interview at their office in Salt Lake City, UT. 1:1 interview with 3 members of 1 team for half hour. Then another 3 1:1 interviews with another team for half hour each. 3 hours total with a one-hour break inbetween teams.

Interview Questions

• Implement an intersection method for two lists. After showing a brute force method, I was asked to improve upon the method and analyze time complexity for both algorithms.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They don't negotiate salary for NAPA program. It's low paying, but there is huge opportunity for growth.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Established the idea in America that people should have some say in the way they are governed. Established the idea in America that people should have some say in the way they are governed.

Interview Questions

• Established the idea in America that people should have some say in the way they are governed.   1 Answer

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Pune (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The apti was on Hacker rank.
    30 mins for 30 apti questions, very difficult ranging from apti questions to OS/DS questions.
    60 mins for a coding question.
    the coding was based on data structures
    It is advisable to prepare for basic data structure codes.

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

It was part of campus recruitment process. We had test after initial presentation. Test consisted of writing algo/pseudocode for 2 coding questions and an essay on why you are the best fit for goldman sachs.Then we had Group discussion and and 7/ every 10 where shortlisted for further process. All of them had a round of technical interview in which they asked to explain algos from written test and few questions on basics of JAVA and DSA.They also asked a puzzle which was pretty easy.3/every 7 where shortlisted for the next round. This round was more of a test for skills.. to see how good you are in what you claim in your resume. Once that was cleared you have a final round to see your approach to a given problems and number of ways you can reach an answer.Every round included few questions like why do you want to join GS,What are your strengths and weaknesses etc. (basic HR ques.).

Interview Questions

• How do multiple process access a flat file and make changes?   1 Answer

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a campus drive. The first round consisted of technical and aptitude mcqs, two programming questions and an essay. This was followed by a group discussion in which we were given a situation and we had to come to a conclusion unanimously. Then we had two technical interviews and one hr interview. Lots of questions were asked based on my current project and my resume. Some situations were given in the hr interview to which I had to tell how I would react.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer expects you to know about new technologies.   Answer Question

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New Delhi (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

It seemed that the interviewers came to my college just for the sake of it. Nobody seemed interested in really selecting students, it was more of a elimination process. At the end of the day, none got selected. I am happy not to work with so indifferent people.