Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in New Jersey | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

187 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, did HireVue, then was invited to Superday. Three 30 minute one-on-one interviews back to back to back. Mainly behavioral/fit type questions. Haven't heard back yet (36 hours later), but am assuming I won't be given an offer unless told otherwise.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted and application online and they contacted me a few weeks later for a virtual interview. That was pretty straightforward with behavioral questions. A few weeks after that they contracted me for a super day, which consisted of three thirty minute interviews and a networking event before. Very standard investment banking information with lots of pushback.

Interview Questions

• How does depreciation move throughout the financial statements?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

1. Coder pad (2 programming questions)
    2. Onsite (5 2-1 rounds)

Applied through a recruiting firm. Absolutely terrible experience. Did not provide me any accommodation or travel. People are not very smart. The interviewer asked me about my capstone project, he was not able to understand it as it was on advanced graph theory, he stopped me in between. After few tries he got where I am weak and tried very hard to humiliate me.
    Few people were good, few were terrible where, instead of trying to test my knowledge level, they were only trying to outsmart me. I did not feel like sitting for last round because felt very annoyed by their overall behavior.

Overall really humiliating experience, the questions, the giggling on wrong answers, and most importantly no lunch, no travel reimbursement or accommodation.

Interview Questions

• Java questions, Standard back end questions, Coding questions(nothing fancy, no algorithms knowledge needed)   1 Answer

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online, received Hackerrank invitation. Finished that, got Hirevue couple of weeks later. After submitting the Hirevue, received a superday invitation roughly 3-4 weeks later. Superday was at New Jersey office.

Interview Questions

• Hirevue has not-so-standard behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Engineering Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Took a mathematics test. Then did a digital interview. Digital interview was 6 questions, 1 attempt each, pretty fast paced. Was flown out for the super day with two interviews that were a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out a classmate was cheating?   1 Answer

Payroll Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, and a recruiter emailed me the next day to schedule a phone screen. the following day another person reached out to schedule the interview - which ended up being the following week. met with 4 people for 30 minutes each. recruiter called me after the interview to see how it went. later that day she asked for my college GPA and current salary. 2 days later was told they did not want to move forward

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for a financial services company, having never worked for one before   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

After a live coding challenge using CoderPen, I came in for a three-hour on-site interview with four different interviewers. They concentrated only a little on technical questions and more on diving into the projects I'd worked on, what decisions I'd made on those projects, and why.

Interview Questions

• How to fashion a SQL query to connect the departures and arrivals of boarding passes to make one contiguous journey.   3 Answers

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The call came out of the blue from one of the recruiters over the phone and through email and there was always an ambiguity for what role I was being interviewed for. The recruiter very diligently failed to mention that in every email response when I asked what role is it. It was definitely for an experienced hire role is what I learned from the interviewers. The first round was a screen sharing coding test followed by 5 rounds of video call interviews. The funny thing is the team expressed that they wanted to bring me onboard. But when I reached out to the recruitment team after a week about the status of my offer letter, they informed me that team is no longer considering my candidacy. This behavior is called as pure "UN"professionalism and being "UN"ethical. A professional firm like Goldman Sachs acting like this shows the bad culture of the firm as they have no respect and have no integrity to stay on their word. Utter traitors. I would suggest the firm to please not call or commit with an offer and pull back like cowards if you don't have the capability or capacity to hire good talent. For sure you have all the time to waste but the candidate's time is precious. PS: the recruiters are equally laid back and unprofessional. They have no sense of commitment or candidate's time.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and below average level technical questions on Java and SQL.   Answer Question

Technical Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Online Coding assessment which isn't too bad and then a series of behavioral questions on hirevue. make sure if you applied for multiple positions, you prepare for all of them. Usually only one question per position is asked + a series of general questions. Invited for super day for late january.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

First is hackerrank then is hirevue then onsite. What is notable is that I got invited for superday before submitting the hirevue interview.
    Superday was two rounds. First is with a senior level guy who's really friendly and funny... however he asked lots of behavior questions from the paper provided to him so I feel like it's not a good way of understanding each other. One technical question that was pretty fun. The second round is with two younger engineers who seems really unapproachable and unfriendly.. I basically walked out of the interview knowing that it won't end up good.

The HR will call about the decision. It only took them one week so that was really good. Overall the interview is very easy, but it really depends on who you meet on that day.

Interview Questions

• If your boss want you to meet a client that is from different culture, what will you do?   Answer Question