Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.2

Strats Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Global Strats team interview. Online coding challenge first, phone screen weeks later. Coding challenge consisted of two programming questions using whatever programming language. Phone interview with an SVP is behavioral plus technical for 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• implement an algorithm to fit n ads in one youtube video to maximize profit   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It's a first round phone interview with 30 mins. And it is for Controller Modeling (CM) group within the Market Risk Management and Analysis (MRMA) Department. First they ask you to introduce yourself. And then ask technical questions in mathematics, algorithms, and time series. In mathematical questions, they ask more details about what you answered.

Interview Questions

• Select average price in several fruit by using C++, or matlab   Answer Question
    • Solve the square root of 3   Answer Question
    • What is stationary in time series and the difference between weekly stationary and strong stationary   Answer Question

Legal Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company website. I received an email from the HR department to schedule a phone interview. I had that with two people about a week later and waited a week to hear back. I went for a 2.5 hour interview with two different people for every half hour in the NY location. I waited about a week after that, and had an interview with the head of the group and one of the lawyers. All were very personable and friendly. No crazy interview questions, mostly about my experience, what databases I had used, etc., if I had worked with a team, things like that. After that, I was asked to fill out a record of past compensation and am scheduled to talk with the head of recruiting for the division soon ( I don't know if I'll get an offer yet but Glassdoor only wants me to say yes or no)

Interview Questions

• Do you feel more comfortable when specific directions are given to you or when you have room to think of creative solutions to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in last week of January and got a hackerrank coding test the next day . About 5 days after that I got a hirevue behavioral interview with questions like describe a time you had to give reviews to your team, tell us about yourself etc. Recording yourself seems a bit odd but don't take this lightly.
    I was invited for an on-site interview about a week later. They provided me with travel and accommodation at Conrad, New York for a night.
    My slot was from 11 AM. The interviews were started on time and I was done with everything around 2 PM. First interview was a mix of technical, behavioral and puzzle type questions. Went OK.
    Second was more technical than first with a few behavioral questions. They usually check for culture fit, previous work ex helps. Technical questions(mostly algorithms and SQL) were not difficult but I couldn't give optimized solutions because of lack of practice. They did give me nudges in the right direction.
    Two weeks later I got a follow up call asking if I had other offers and a week later I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you have 100 continuous numbers, one number is missing, how do you find it?   1 Answer

Starts Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Online Coding. Then HireVue online pre-recorded behaviour interview. Superday includes various things, stats, coding, brain teaser, finance, behaviour, former experience. Not terribly hard. 2 rounds in the morning and another in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What do you react if there are someone in your time don't contribute.   Answer Question
    • Write program to get the nth Fibonacci number   Answer Question

IBD Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone call after first-round video interview, in about two weeks. Superyday in Jersey office. No technical questions at all. Be prepared to answer a lot of tough situational behavioral questions. Interviewers were very friendly though.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person superday that consisted of 3 two on one interviews over the span of an hour and a half. Fair process. Questions were not too difficult. Interviewers were nice. I heard back the next day.

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screening and then multiple in person rounds bordering on absurdity. It seem like once they determined your competency to potentially do the job, they were looking for fit. Fit not only for the role and group, but overall fit of the company culture.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

HackerRank challange, then Hirevue Interview. Hackerank problems are simple. Hirevue with behavioral questions.
    Advice about HireVue: I failed at this stage, with this behavioral questions. Do not be nervous, and find a place where you are really relaxed and calm. Prepare yourself speaking to a mirror, and be yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Hacker rank:
      Basic question about Strings, and a simple DP program.
      2 Answers