Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in New York State | Glassdoor

3.2

798 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was a Hackerank Math Assessment, testing knowledge on probability, algebra, calculus, statistics, and needed to be taken in 4 days. Second round was through Hirevue, all behavorial. Superday on site.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There's a online coding challenge, then hirevue, then on site. Lots of behaviorals and very easy technical coding challenge (finished it in 15 minutes out of the allotted 60).

GIR Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

First round was a video HireVue interview. Got invitation to Superday with 3 one on one interviews. Questions were behavioral and had to pitch a stock (was notified of this beforehand)

Compliance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied in July online, and selected three divisions of interest. I received a HireVue in early September (which is later than usual), and got a Superday for early Octboer, and haven't heard back yet. The bottom questions makes me answer if I got an offer but I haven't heard yet so technically I havent gotten an offer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

A online test and A hirevue interview. The online test has two problems in programming which are very simple. And hirevue interview concerns 5 behavioral questions with 2 minutes to talk and 30 sec to prepare.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I did the online assessment on Hackerrank. There are two algorithms problems in 60 minutes. The first I can't remember exactly: just take a fixed length substring from the original string then do a hashmap to store them. The second is a modified two sum question, still using hash map and return the count of pairs that sum up to integer k.

Interview Questions

• Just two hackerrank questions. Still waiting for further response(Hirevue interview got).   1 Answer

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was overall a great experience. Interviewed my first round over a hirevue and received an invitation for a super day in New York about a day after my hirevue. Super day was structured as 3 back to back to back 30 min interviews with 2 being two on one and 1 being one on one. Very behavioral and about yourself, few technical and ethical questions and scenarios.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted application online and was promptly sent a simple hackerrank assessment. Before I submitted the assessment a glitch in their application system resulted in my application page displaying an incorrect status. After several weeks of back and forth I ended up attending an event and receiving a behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• The hackerrank test was an hour long exam and consisted of simple data structures/algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

The process is long, consisting of 1-2 rounds of 30-minute phone screens and 2-3 on-site visits. Each on-site visit consists of 1-2 hours of interviews with multiple people, usually 2 people per every 30 minutes. The reason for so many interviews is not to find top talent (that one can evaluate very quickly), but in order to also find the right position for the person.

Interview Questions

• Describe a big challenge you faced in your previous role and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was a hireview video interview, all behavioral. Final round was a superday at the Goldman headquarters. I had three 30-minute interviews with five VPs and MDs. All were extremely professional and friendly.