Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview: 30 seconds to listen to the question and 2 minutes to reply. The system is called Hire Vue and provides practice questions beforehand. These are very different from the actual ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act under time pressure and immediately. Tell us about the risk assessment and the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process took around 4 months. GS came out to my campus to recruit future grads. First interview was a recorded Hire Vault interview...then a few weeks later, I received an email saying that they wanted me to fly out for 3 (30 min) back to back interviews...I ended up interviewing with 5 GS workers. They were all amazing and I really enjoyed speaking with all of them. I originally applied for a PT position but they wanted me FT. A month or so later, I had a phone interview with the VP in a different office for a FT position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral & Fit Questions.   Answer Question
    • Describe a process that you've made more efficient?   Answer Question
    • Rank Customer Service, efficiency, and risk management in order of importance   Answer Question
    • Describe my background (a lot in regards to my resume)   Answer Question
    • Do you fit the leader role? Give an example of projects that you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of when you've had to adjust who you are in order to fit into a situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a mistake that you've made.   Answer Question
    • Describe risk management   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then flown to GS offices for two two-on-one interviews and one one-on-one interview. I was asked to explain a little about myself and my resume in each interview, as well as why I was interested in GS. Interview questions were scenario-based, knowledge-based, and descriptive; each question was well thought out and deliberate. Interviewers were happy to clarify their questions and asked excellent follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Reason for being interested in finance   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to analyze and present findings on risk   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with adversity and challenges   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted for a hirevue interview about 3 weeks after I applied. After the hirevue interview, one week later I was invited for a superday in the NY office. Interviews were good. Back to Back. One interview was 2 on 1, the rest 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sort out a conflict at work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Online interview through hirevue. I was asked several behavior/fit what if questions, and was contacted a few weeks later for summit interviews in person. Advice is to be comfortable and relate your skills to specific real world scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a team member and how you went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2016.

Interview

Apply through school, hear back from GS one month later. On-site interview is about over 2.5 hours. I met over 10 people on the "super day". I learned a lot from glassdoor when I prepared for this interview. Highly recommend to review all the questions listed in glass door.

1. They look for the candidate who love to work in the operation role.
    2. Able/like to work in a team
    3. Admire the company culture
    4. know your resume well

Hear back from HR right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your most regret?
      Why GS?
      Why operation?
      strengths and weakness?
      Teamwork problems
      How to solve a problem
      5^4=?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

They had us go to a room where we rotated interviewers. The interviewers mostly asked behavioral questions to get to know who I was and whether I would fit well within the organization's culture. They want to select people who have intellectual curiosity and people that will ask questions. My position was for an Operations Analyst INTERNSHIP.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Goldman?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, five 30 min interviews, basically behavioral questions, how to work within a team. Nothing too difficult. I met with people in Jersey City and talked with people in Salt Lake over the phone. I found out that night that I got the job. Honestly one of the easiest interviews I have had. They just wanted to know who you are and how well you work with others.

Interview Questions

• How have you faced conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I interviewed for a contract/temp position in operations. The interview was mainly behavioral questions. It lasted one hour total with two separate groups of interviewers for 30 mins each. The interview process was straightforward although I have heard its quite a bit longer for full-time, non contract positions directly with GS.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

That was compus interview. Two terns, one was with a senior VP and the second one is with two more analysts. They asked questions about my resume and my understanding of Goldman Sachs. They were pretty friendly and the overall interview process was not difficult. I didnt feel pressures from them.