Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.9

270 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The first Interview is done through HireVue software. In this software, you are given a fix amount of time to prepare your answer and a fix amount of time to respond to the question. Your response is only recorded once, and you cannot re-record. If you do well you fly out to location for Super Day (3 30 minute interviews)

Interview Questions

• One question asked about what I was interested in learning and if I pursued learning more about a specific topic.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I was given 3 days to complete a hire view interview (online interview). I had a total of 6 questions and was being interviewed for two different positions. The hire view website allowed you to practice questions prior to the interview and this was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to figure out what students were struggling with the most at your college campus?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had a HireVue interview with GS with about 3-4 days to prep. I was initially recruiting for Compliance, but the head recruiter for our school told me there is no vacancy for compliance, so I switched my first choice to Operations at last minute.

Interview Questions

• If you see your boss doing something that is conflicting to your integrity or a company's integrity, what is your thought process and what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Very long interview process. They interview you about 5 times. Interviewers talk in third person. Not very professional in valuing your time. When I checked in the front desk ladies were gossiping. Very strange place.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was interviewed using HireVue, which I really did not like. I’d much rather talk face to face with someone than do it on my phone. I didn’t do so well, unfortunately, and did not make it to the next step.

Interview Questions

• If the president of one of your clubs gave out test answers to other students, how would you respond? (Something like that)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, the process took two weeks - Asked to complete HireVue video interview.
    Received an E-mail one week later to fly out to SLC for on-site interviews.
    3 back-to-back interviews on-site: 30 minutes each
    Interviewers are very friendly and are trying to understand you as an individual rather than hammer at analytical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used data to forecast trends or improve a process   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you worked on a team but failed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Resume drop, after 1 week get HireView (4 recorded questions + 3 divisional specific questions), and then after 1 week get second/ final round on site interview (3 back to back, mostly behavioral). Before final round, the travel team cancelled my flight without sending me an email... After the interview it takes really long to hear back the results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you make a mistake and how you manage the risk.   1 Answer
    • What's your future plan?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you work with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • What should I know about you?   Answer Question
    • What's the mission of your past internship company? And how does your department contribute to that mission?   Answer Question
    • What do you don't like about your past internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Online interview- had 30 seconds to prepare and then 2 minutes to respond to each question. Mostly behavioral and general questions, nothing too specific or unexpected. Asked questions about all divisions to which applied.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make a decision in a changing environment? How did you make it? Was it the best decision?   Answer Question
    • What is a stock you are passionate about?   Answer Question
    • What does operations do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Two 30 min interviews. The Interview is not hard without technical questions. They focus on behavior questions and team experience. If you spend time to prepare these questions, it won't be a difficult interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.   Answer Question