Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

277 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round is done through an online software called HireVue. You are given 30 secs to prep for an answer after you receive the question, then 2 minutes to respond. MAX time: 30 minutes. Second Round: Three 30-minute interviews

Interview Questions

• Your classmate was very sick and could not make it to class/study. They tell you they have access to a copy of the final exam you are about to take. What do you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied through website, answered questions via online video recording, then 3 30-min in-person interviews at the Jersey City office. Emphasis on teamwork experience, questions were all very straightforward and overall it was a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The first Interview is done through HireVue software. In this software, you are given a fix amount of time to prepare your answer and a fix amount of time to respond to the question. Your response is only recorded once, and you cannot re-record. If you do well you fly out to location for Super Day (3 30 minute interviews)

Interview Questions

• One question asked about what I was interested in learning and if I pursued learning more about a specific topic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I was given 3 days to complete a hire view interview (online interview). I had a total of 6 questions and was being interviewed for two different positions. The hire view website allowed you to practice questions prior to the interview and this was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to figure out what students were struggling with the most at your college campus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a week or two later to do a Hirevue online interview which was mostly behavioral, not too hard. Just got selected to go to a superday next week.

Interview Questions

• If your friend had final exam answers, what would you do if they offered you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Super straightforward, fairly simple questions: low amount of mathematical reasoning, mostly behavioral/situational. Know your resume and be prepared to describe in detail what you did and enjoyed/disliked about each. Interviewers are very resourceful and explained my questions throughly. Be yourself and relax, if you aren't you look unprofessional or may be lying about an experience.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had a HireVue interview with GS with about 3-4 days to prep. I was initially recruiting for Compliance, but the head recruiter for our school told me there is no vacancy for compliance, so I switched my first choice to Operations at last minute.

Interview Questions

• If you see your boss doing something that is conflicting to your integrity or a company's integrity, what is your thought process and what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Very long interview process. They interview you about 5 times. Interviewers talk in third person. Not very professional in valuing your time. When I checked in the front desk ladies were gossiping. Very strange place.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was interviewed using HireVue, which I really did not like. I’d much rather talk face to face with someone than do it on my phone. I didn’t do so well, unfortunately, and did not make it to the next step.

Interview Questions

• If the president of one of your clubs gave out test answers to other students, how would you respond? (Something like that)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, the process took two weeks - Asked to complete HireVue video interview.
    Received an E-mail one week later to fly out to SLC for on-site interviews.
    3 back-to-back interviews on-site: 30 minutes each
    Interviewers are very friendly and are trying to understand you as an individual rather than hammer at analytical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used data to forecast trends or improve a process   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you worked on a team but failed   Answer Question