Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Two 30 min interviews. The Interview is not hard without technical questions. They focus on behavior questions and team experience. If you spend time to prepare these questions, it won't be a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was through HireView and a few weeks later I got s second round interview which was more technical. If you are prepared, the interview questions are not that hard.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 2 months. After a month did the Hirevue virtual interview, and a week later received superday invitation. A lot of behavioral/fit questions and scenario-based ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you had to deal with diversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I did a HireVue interview and the went on to the Superday in Salt Lake City. I am pretty sure I landed the interview because I had a great rapport with an interviewer I met a month before the interview process.

Interview Questions

• You went to X school, I went to Y and have visited your school a few times and I wish I went to your school. Why would you want to work in Operations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview: 30 seconds to listen to the question and 2 minutes to reply. The system is called Hire Vue and provides practice questions beforehand. These are very different from the actual ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act under time pressure and immediately. Tell us about the risk assessment and the outcome.   Answer Question

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process took around 4 months. GS came out to my campus to recruit future grads. First interview was a recorded Hire Vault interview...then a few weeks later, I received an email saying that they wanted me to fly out for 3 (30 min) back to back interviews...I ended up interviewing with 5 GS workers. They were all amazing and I really enjoyed speaking with all of them. I originally applied for a PT position but they wanted me FT. A month or so later, I had a phone interview with the VP in a different office for a FT position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral & Fit Questions.   Answer Question
    • Describe a process that you've made more efficient?   Answer Question
    • Rank Customer Service, efficiency, and risk management in order of importance   Answer Question
    • Describe my background (a lot in regards to my resume)   Answer Question
    • Do you fit the leader role? Give an example of projects that you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of when you've had to adjust who you are in order to fit into a situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a mistake that you've made.   Answer Question
    • Describe risk management   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then flown to GS offices for two two-on-one interviews and one one-on-one interview. I was asked to explain a little about myself and my resume in each interview, as well as why I was interested in GS. Interview questions were scenario-based, knowledge-based, and descriptive; each question was well thought out and deliberate. Interviewers were happy to clarify their questions and asked excellent follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Reason for being interested in finance   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to analyze and present findings on risk   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with adversity and challenges   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

After the virtual interview online, they called me for a super-day interview. I had three thirty minute interviews back to back, and in each seating there were two employers who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a non-finance background in college, why Goldman Sachs and why Operations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted for a hirevue interview about 3 weeks after I applied. After the hirevue interview, one week later I was invited for a superday in the NY office. Interviews were good. Back to Back. One interview was 2 on 1, the rest 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sort out a conflict at work   Answer Question