Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Two 30 min interviews. The Interview is not hard without technical questions. They focus on behavior questions and team experience. If you spend time to prepare these questions, it won't be a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I did a HireVue interview and the went on to the Superday in Salt Lake City. I am pretty sure I landed the interview because I had a great rapport with an interviewer I met a month before the interview process.

Interview Questions

• You went to X school, I went to Y and have visited your school a few times and I wish I went to your school. Why would you want to work in Operations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview: 30 seconds to listen to the question and 2 minutes to reply. The system is called Hire Vue and provides practice questions beforehand. These are very different from the actual ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act under time pressure and immediately. Tell us about the risk assessment and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted for a hirevue interview about 3 weeks after I applied. After the hirevue interview, one week later I was invited for a superday in the NY office. Interviews were good. Back to Back. One interview was 2 on 1, the rest 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sort out a conflict at work   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Goldman Sachs' website, and they sent me the link for video interview. Thus, I had to go to a quiet room to do my video interview. Generally, they ask you 6 or more 7 questions. Interviewee has about 2:30 or 3 min to answer those questions. I think it was a 30 sec break or 15 sec break before you start recording your answers. It helped me to prepare what I wanted to say. However, when the time ends, it immediately passes to the next question. No going back or whatsoever. Thus, may have to be succinct of what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• Q. What would you do if you have a conflict with your senior manager?   Answer Question
    • Q. How do you solve conflict with teammates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very nerve racking. The company had at least 50 other candidate interviewing. I first had a phone interview where they reviewed my resume and asked some behavioral questions, any why I wanted the job. I was then contacted after a week to fly to Salt Lake City Utah.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Invited to a superday, had two two to one interview, each 30 minutes. The first group is pretty nice and the second one did not have many questions for me. The first group is an associate and an analyst while the second group are two VPs. Try to be confident and pay attention to details. They care about that.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs, why operations and other questions relate to resume.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2015.

Interview

I attended the firmwide as well as department info session. After it I applied online through my school's career website. It was just a two 2-1 back to back interviews, I was interviewed on campus. Interviewer asked some general questions, be prepared for usual behaviral questions will be fine.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2015.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews within 2 weeks, Invited at their super day. Three 30 minute interview with VPs and an associate took every candidate to Goldman offices. Interviewers were nice. They took notes when I answered their questions. Got a call after 2 days with no offer.