Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.9

257 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, heard nothing. Eventually through an employee referral, I was able to get a face-to-face interview with an HR professional several months later while I was in New York. Again, I heard nothing for several months until I got an email saying I was invited to interview for a job in Operations for which I had not originally applied. This in-person interview took place a week later. I went through 4 half-hour interviews, each with 2 different interviewers in the Operations division. A week later I received the offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• If you could change three things about the NY Subway system to make it more efficient, what would they be? (I didn't expect the question and had poor knowledge of the subway system)

There were also a couple specific questions about finance, why I respected the company, why I wanted to work at GS, about the LIBOR issue at the time, etc.   Answer Question

Other preferred job offer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2009.

Interview

I went to the Boston Consortium where they recruit potential applicants. I had previously interned there the prior year so I was able to land the first interview. This took place with two interviewers in two different rooms, mainly behavioral questions with a few achievement elaborations. I was then selected for a final interview for which they flew me to NYC and had another 2 people interview me (in two different rooms). Same questions, same format, such at their office this time.

Interview Questions

• What is the main function of Operations at Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Goldman Sachs' website, and they sent me the link for video interview. Thus, I had to go to a quiet room to do my video interview. Generally, they ask you 6 or more 7 questions. Interviewee has about 2:30 or 3 min to answer those questions. I think it was a 30 sec break or 15 sec break before you start recording your answers. It helped me to prepare what I wanted to say. However, when the time ends, it immediately passes to the next question. No going back or whatsoever. Thus, may have to be succinct of what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• Q. What would you do if you have a conflict with your senior manager?   Answer Question
    • Q. How do you solve conflict with teammates?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

About a month after submitting the online application form I was invited for an online HireView interview consisting of 5-6 questions. I was later called and invited for final round interviews in person. I had three interviews, each half and hour long. At the end of each interview I was given 5 minutes to ask questions, make sure you prepare plenty.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me to tell them about myself at the beginning. Apart from that I would suggest preparing answers for questions about:

1. The division and the company (study each word used in the opportunity description, make sure you understand all of the concepts mentioned, and be prepared to talk for a couple of minutes about the company in general),
      2. Situations you experienced and how you responded to them (stressful, conflict, initiative etc)
      3. Analytical skills (what is more important)
      4. Motivation for applying
      5. Your strengths   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application -> HR interview -> first round (Beijing & Singapore, I applied Beijing first) associate and senior analyst interview *2 -> second round (Beijing & Singapore) VP level interview *2 -> 1 week later, offer got.

Interview Questions

• Based on your CV and ask your past experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online, submitted my CV to a contact at GS, was called for an interview day where I had 4 different interviews and then I receive a summer internship offer a few months after.

Interview Questions

• Walk them through my CV. What are my disadvantages. A time where I did the ethical thing at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Online interview through hirevue. I was asked several behavior/fit what if questions, and was contacted a few weeks later for summit interviews in person. Advice is to be comfortable and relate your skills to specific real world scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a team member and how you went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The application began with an online application including a cover letter, then a panel interview with 2 VPs, and the final round being a series of 3 back to back 30 minute long interviews each with 2 VPs.
    The questions were mainly competency based but in one of the final round interviews I was asked whether regulation is more important than client satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of a situation where you might suggest an alternative method of reaching a compromise with a client should they ask you to do something that would break regulation, what might this regulation be"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a two round interview. The first was a phone interview and the second was on site.
    I was interviewed by 6 people in the second round. Everyone for roughly 30 minutes. Very intense.