Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

After the virtual interview online, they called me for a super-day interview. I had three thirty minute interviews back to back, and in each seating there were two employers who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Coming from a non-finance background in college, why Goldman Sachs and why Operations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 2 months. After a month did the Hirevue virtual interview, and a week later received superday invitation. A lot of behavioral/fit questions and scenario-based ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you had to deal with diversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was through HireView and a few weeks later I got s second round interview which was more technical. If you are prepared, the interview questions are not that hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Goldman Sachs' website, and they sent me the link for video interview. Thus, I had to go to a quiet room to do my video interview. Generally, they ask you 6 or more 7 questions. Interviewee has about 2:30 or 3 min to answer those questions. I think it was a 30 sec break or 15 sec break before you start recording your answers. It helped me to prepare what I wanted to say. However, when the time ends, it immediately passes to the next question. No going back or whatsoever. Thus, may have to be succinct of what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• Q. What would you do if you have a conflict with your senior manager?   Answer Question
    • Q. How do you solve conflict with teammates?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

About a month after submitting the online application form I was invited for an online HireView interview consisting of 5-6 questions. I was later called and invited for final round interviews in person. I had three interviews, each half and hour long. At the end of each interview I was given 5 minutes to ask questions, make sure you prepare plenty.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me to tell them about myself at the beginning. Apart from that I would suggest preparing answers for questions about:

1. The division and the company (study each word used in the opportunity description, make sure you understand all of the concepts mentioned, and be prepared to talk for a couple of minutes about the company in general),
      2. Situations you experienced and how you responded to them (stressful, conflict, initiative etc)
      3. Analytical skills (what is more important)
      4. Motivation for applying
      5. Your strengths

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application -> HR interview -> first round (Beijing & Singapore, I applied Beijing first) associate and senior analyst interview *2 -> second round (Beijing & Singapore) VP level interview *2 -> 1 week later, offer got.

Interview Questions

• Based on your CV and ask your past experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a great interview, I flew in from New York to Salt Lake City. It was a 2 day symposium. First was a one on one interview, followed by a one to two interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to work at Goldman Sachs?
      2) Why do you want to work with the Operations Division?
      3) Tell us about a time when you were working within a team and what were the dynamics of that team?

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then flown to GS offices for two two-on-one interviews and one one-on-one interview. I was asked to explain a little about myself and my resume in each interview, as well as why I was interested in GS. Interview questions were scenario-based, knowledge-based, and descriptive; each question was well thought out and deliberate. Interviewers were happy to clarify their questions and asked excellent follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Reason for being interested in finance   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to analyze and present findings on risk   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with adversity and challenges   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online, submitted my CV to a contact at GS, was called for an interview day where I had 4 different interviews and then I receive a summer internship offer a few months after.

Interview Questions

• Walk them through my CV. What are my disadvantages. A time where I did the ethical thing at work.   Answer Question