Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Tempe, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Two 30 minute back-to-back interviews. Typical behavioral questions, no technicals. Glassdoor had every single question I was asked online. Studied/reviewed almost all questions before interview. On campus interview, 4 people being interviewed in a rotation between 4 rooms filled with GS employees. Getting to know you/background type questions.

Interview Questions

• Rank efficiency, profitability and customer service   Answer Question
  • What word would your current boss use to describe you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very nerve racking. The company had at least 50 other candidate interviewing. I first had a phone interview where they reviewed my resume and asked some behavioral questions, any why I wanted the job. I was then contacted after a week to fly to Salt Lake City Utah.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and easy. 4 back to back interviews mostly about your CV, previous experience and competency questions. There are quite a few situational questions regarding ethic issues like what would you do if you see an illegal activity? You would hear back after 2-3 weeks about the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Tell me about the time you worked with someone who did not comply the regulations and rules, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Invited to a superday, had two two to one interview, each 30 minutes. The first group is pretty nice and the second one did not have many questions for me. The first group is an associate and an analyst while the second group are two VPs. Try to be confident and pay attention to details. They care about that.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs, why operations and other questions relate to resume.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2015.

Interview

I attended the firmwide as well as department info session. After it I applied online through my school's career website. It was just a two 2-1 back to back interviews, I was interviewed on campus. Interviewer asked some general questions, be prepared for usual behaviral questions will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Really friendly interviewers! They fly you out to NYC put you up in a nice hotel/pay for food ETC. Would recommend being extremely prepared, know stock price, CEO, etc. Dont be stressed, just smile a lot and be passionate about the position.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, and arranged an initial phone interview with an Associate the next week. The phone call was 30 minutes, of which 20 minutes were spent toward discussing my qualifications (all behavioral questions) and 10 minutes of discussing the role and the team in greater detail. I was invited to "super day" the next week, where I met with 4 Vice Presidents, 30 minutes each, back-to-back. They asked the following questions:

Do you think your GPA is strong enough?
    Why Goldman Sachs?
    Why do you want to work for this team specifically?
    Tell me about a time when you had to change your approach to solve a problem in the workplace.
    What are your strengths?
    How would your co-workers describe you?
    What do you enjoy the most about your current job?
    Why should we choose you?
    + A few questions specific to my resume.

No brainteasers, all behavioral questions. They do expect very precise and detailed answers. I received an offer 2 days later and accepted immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the Operations Analyst internship. They acted rude, but the key word is they ACTED. I could tell they were trying to see how I handled tense situations, particularly because I have met both interviewers before and they had been nice. Make sure you know what would you do in the position, they expect you to REALLY know what is it that you want to be paid for. Know what you will say when they will ask you how would you add value to GS, and be prepare to authentically say your 3 main weaknesses. Do not pull the "I work hard", "I put to much attention to detail" card, because everyone has heard it, and will take off points of you. Just answer that question authentically, and state how are you currently doing to improve this. My advice, say that one of your weaknesses is experience, as they hire people that are the best at whatever they do. Good luck

Interview Questions

• How will you bring value in a different way that other candidates would?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2015.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews within 2 weeks, Invited at their super day. Three 30 minute interview with VPs and an associate took every candidate to Goldman offices. Interviewers were nice. They took notes when I answered their questions. Got a call after 2 days with no offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and waited about two weeks to hear back from them. They emailed back and asked me to fly me out to Salt Lake City for an interview. I think they were interviewing about thirty people that day in shifts. I got interviewed by four different people for 15-30 minutes each. I got a phone call with results the next day.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of "why Goldman Sachs?" so be ready for that. I had no experience in finance so most questions were character based.   Answer Question