Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2015.

Interview

I attended the firmwide as well as department info session. After it I applied online through my school's career website. It was just a two 2-1 back to back interviews, I was interviewed on campus. Interviewer asked some general questions, be prepared for usual behaviral questions will be fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Really friendly interviewers! They fly you out to NYC put you up in a nice hotel/pay for food ETC. Would recommend being extremely prepared, know stock price, CEO, etc. Dont be stressed, just smile a lot and be passionate about the position.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter, and arranged an initial phone interview with an Associate the next week. The phone call was 30 minutes, of which 20 minutes were spent toward discussing my qualifications (all behavioral questions) and 10 minutes of discussing the role and the team in greater detail. I was invited to "super day" the next week, where I met with 4 Vice Presidents, 30 minutes each, back-to-back. They asked the following questions:

Do you think your GPA is strong enough?
    Why Goldman Sachs?
    Why do you want to work for this team specifically?
    Tell me about a time when you had to change your approach to solve a problem in the workplace.
    What are your strengths?
    How would your co-workers describe you?
    What do you enjoy the most about your current job?
    Why should we choose you?
    + A few questions specific to my resume.

No brainteasers, all behavioral questions. They do expect very precise and detailed answers. I received an offer 2 days later and accepted immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the Operations Analyst internship. They acted rude, but the key word is they ACTED. I could tell they were trying to see how I handled tense situations, particularly because I have met both interviewers before and they had been nice. Make sure you know what would you do in the position, they expect you to REALLY know what is it that you want to be paid for. Know what you will say when they will ask you how would you add value to GS, and be prepare to authentically say your 3 main weaknesses. Do not pull the "I work hard", "I put to much attention to detail" card, because everyone has heard it, and will take off points of you. Just answer that question authentically, and state how are you currently doing to improve this. My advice, say that one of your weaknesses is experience, as they hire people that are the best at whatever they do. Good luck

Interview Questions

• How will you bring value in a different way that other candidates would?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2015.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews within 2 weeks, Invited at their super day. Three 30 minute interview with VPs and an associate took every candidate to Goldman offices. Interviewers were nice. They took notes when I answered their questions. Got a call after 2 days with no offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and waited about two weeks to hear back from them. They emailed back and asked me to fly me out to Salt Lake City for an interview. I think they were interviewing about thirty people that day in shifts. I got interviewed by four different people for 15-30 minutes each. I got a phone call with results the next day.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of "why Goldman Sachs?" so be ready for that. I had no experience in finance so most questions were character based.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2015.

Interview

2 back-to-back interviews with VPs, 30mins each, mostly behavioral questions, interviewers are nice and friendly. They could occasionally throw out questions that are abstract and a bit challenging to respond, in order to test your reaction and ability to respond under stress.
    I was notified decision after a few days. Consultant position.
    The background check process took a month.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied online and through the career services at my university, was contacted approx. two weeks later asking if I was still interested. I responded and was contacted few days later with the details.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time you improved a process.
      Why operations? etc.
      Some questions were based on my responses but nothing too overwhelming in my opinion.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process took bout 4 months. Started with many phone conference calls with many different VP's then was flow out for an onsite interview which was a "superday". The interviewers were all very humble and not overbearing whatsoever. The flight and accommodations to the onsite interview were all expensed and was given time to explore the area to get a feel for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

on campus interview, back to back interview, people there are nice. prepare to tell a story on each questions and have more interactive should be good.
    you can get back as soon as one week later. overall, the interview is the basic interview, and all are behaviour questions.
    questions you need to prepare
    Tell me about yourself.
    What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    Why do you want this job?
    Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
    What's your ideal company?
    What attracted you to this company?
    Why should we hire you?
    What did you like least about your last job?
    When were you most satisfied in your job?
    What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
    What were the responsibilities of your last position?
    Why are you leaving your present job?
    What do you know about this industry?
    What do you know about our company?
    Do you have any questions for me?