Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was swift and the people I met were very helpful and friendly. There were 3 interviews at the final stage and I was questioned on why I wanted to be in the operations team when I was studying Marketing. Seemed odd they only brought up these up at the final stage. They never came back to me with any news so I just had to assume I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

About a month after submitting the online application form I was invited for an online HireView interview consisting of 5-6 questions. I was later called and invited for final round interviews in person. I had three interviews, each half and hour long. At the end of each interview I was given 5 minutes to ask questions, make sure you prepare plenty.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me to tell them about myself at the beginning. Apart from that I would suggest preparing answers for questions about:

1. The division and the company (study each word used in the opportunity description, make sure you understand all of the concepts mentioned, and be prepared to talk for a couple of minutes about the company in general),
      2. Situations you experienced and how you responded to them (stressful, conflict, initiative etc)
      3. Analytical skills (what is more important)
      4. Motivation for applying
      5. Your strengths
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for an industrial placement role, then got invited to take part in a pre-recorded interview. There were only 4 or 5 questions and they were mainly competency based. After a month or 2 (one month after the application deadline, 2 months after submitting video) I was invited to the final interview stage at their offices where I has 3 back to back 30min interviews, either with 2 interviewers or 1. All the employees were very kind and seemed interested in what you had to say. I got my application decision a week later. I asked for feedback and the people in recruitment actually called me to tell me, which I was surprised by as I'd read here that GS were bad at feedback. There were no technical questions just make sure you really know about the division and the role you're applying too as that was my downfall. I will definitely be applying again!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The application process is simple; just a cover letter of 300 words or less and CV to be submitted. I then waited a month before I was invited to the first round of interviews. The day after I completed my interview (one to one and entirely based on competency, with the opening question being 'Why Goldman Sachs'), I was invited to the 2nd round of interviews, which I am yet to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you make decisions without any data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a trip to London in which you do one thirty minute interview in their London HQ on Fleet Street with 2 managers/associates from Operations at GS, they ask a range of mostly competency based interviews. It was generally relaxed with a few challenging questions to test you on the spot. The final round interview was 3 30 minute back to back, quite intense interviews with a range of people.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

As the standard here for London office, the first step is a telephone interview since i was in London. Two days later, I had the final interview. After two week, I am still waiting for the response. I called them up asking why they didn't post the result yet. They told me to wait for another several weeks. They didn't say that they put me on hold. I'd love to know actually do anyone here receives the response already? The final interview is on March 27th Friday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The application began with an online application including a cover letter, then a panel interview with 2 VPs, and the final round being a series of 3 back to back 30 minute long interviews each with 2 VPs.
    The questions were mainly competency based but in one of the final round interviews I was asked whether regulation is more important than client satisfaction.

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of a situation where you might suggest an alternative method of reaching a compromise with a client should they ask you to do something that would break regulation, what might this regulation be"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, the first round was a 2:1 panel and consisted of mainly behavioral, although try not to give the typical answers for Why GS and Why Ops. They hear these answers from 100s of others so try stand out when answering these.

2 days later I was invited to the Final round which consisted of 3 back to back interviews, all behavioral however when I myself mentioned something technical that I had read in the news they did ask follow up questions so make sure you understand anything that you talk about. All in all very friendly and well organised.

I received my offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• If you were taking 100 people from A to B, how would you go about doing it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it is a graduate contract

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

i have applied that online and after a month, i had my first interview. after 1 day, i have my final interview.
    in my final interview, i had 6 interviwers.
    after a month, i got a phone saying that i had my offer in Goldman sachs .
    it is not tough at all, just need to be patient and wait for the result .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very simple process. You send cv and cover letter. within 2 weeks you'll get a response. You qualify for a first round interview. Which is very competency based. Why GS? Why Ops? strengths and weaknesses.. Core skills examples etc. Then you may qualify for a second round interview. Which is 3x 2 to 1 interviews with reps from ops. Again, very cv based, know your cv by heart. read everything you can about gs. know the share price. the ceo. recent mentions of GS in the news and your opinion on it. make an impact

Interview Questions

• nothing really. everything really predictable. this is what makes it even harder   Answer Question