Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Operations Analyst

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jan 8, 2018

3.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

First stage was to submit a an application form. This included a question section which was required what was basically a compacted cover letter. Relatively standard.

Second stage was a digital interview. The questions were quite different to other interviews, very much scenario based where you have to think quickly.

Final stage was a Super Day. It involved three, half hour interviews. Interviewers were very nice. Lots of discussion about my CV. Some technical questions about investment banking.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Quick application process around end of September 2017, online interview then interview at HQ in early December.

3 rounds. (However only had expected 2 interviewers for one round. Very casual - my last interviewer wanted to finish early so they could go home).

Asked standard questions 'why Goldman?' etc. I come from a completely different background so asked me how I can apply my skills. I made sure to do my research and brought up some relevant trends which they liked. No offer but one of my more pleasant interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• What skills do I possess that would be useful for this division?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

3 back to back interviews, each interviewer with a different role within Operations. All were around 30 mins each. A total of 10 candidates present and 10 interviewers. No outrageously technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the life cycle of a trade/ bond   Answer Question
    • Give three examples of how we might mitigate against risk within Operations   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you've worked in a team with an uncooperative member   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've had to take lead on a project due to the absence of a team member   Answer Question
    • Why Goldman Sachs ?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you possess that could add value to this division?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Overall the interview process was great!

Initially i was contacted by a member of HR who asked for my availability the following week- we managed to set up a 2 part interview. The first section was a 2:1 interview with an accociate and a team leader. The second part was a 1:1 with a VP in my area. Both interviews were pretty simple and everyone was supprisingly nice. I had prepped a LOT- but expected a grilling, really it was more like a chat and getting to know each other. They do ask for specific detailes on your CV however so for htis stage make sure you know it insdie out. each part lasted approx 40 mins.

A few days later i had feedback to set up the next stage from the same person in HR for ASAP. This was conducted the following week and I skype interviewed with two people from the India (Banglore) office. Again these two people were great guys! This stage also felt like a chat and lasted only 30 mins...

This is when the longest wait of approx 2 week happened. I reached out to my HR contact who informed me a second recruiter from the UK office (my current contact was in the US) would like to deliver feedback at the end of the following week- about 3 weeks after my 2nd stage and 4 weeks from my first stage.

I 100% thought this was going to be a "we thought you were good but someone better came along" type of call.. However the day came and I recieved a call from the second recruiter- She offered the job and went through all the the detailes with me!

Now it's just background checks and getting ready for my first day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was swift and the people I met were very helpful and friendly. There were 3 interviews at the final stage and I was questioned on why I wanted to be in the operations team when I was studying Marketing. Seemed odd they only brought up these up at the final stage. They never came back to me with any news so I just had to assume I was unsuccessful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

About a month after submitting the online application form I was invited for an online HireView interview consisting of 5-6 questions. I was later called and invited for final round interviews in person. I had three interviews, each half and hour long. At the end of each interview I was given 5 minutes to ask questions, make sure you prepare plenty.

Interview Questions

• They all asked me to tell them about myself at the beginning. Apart from that I would suggest preparing answers for questions about:

1. The division and the company (study each word used in the opportunity description, make sure you understand all of the concepts mentioned, and be prepared to talk for a couple of minutes about the company in general),
      2. Situations you experienced and how you responded to them (stressful, conflict, initiative etc)
      3. Analytical skills (what is more important)
      4. Motivation for applying
      5. Your strengths   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for an industrial placement role, then got invited to take part in a pre-recorded interview. There were only 4 or 5 questions and they were mainly competency based. After a month or 2 (one month after the application deadline, 2 months after submitting video) I was invited to the final interview stage at their offices where I has 3 back to back 30min interviews, either with 2 interviewers or 1. All the employees were very kind and seemed interested in what you had to say. I got my application decision a week later. I asked for feedback and the people in recruitment actually called me to tell me, which I was surprised by as I'd read here that GS were bad at feedback. There were no technical questions just make sure you really know about the division and the role you're applying too as that was my downfall. I will definitely be applying again!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The application process is simple; just a cover letter of 300 words or less and CV to be submitted. I then waited a month before I was invited to the first round of interviews. The day after I completed my interview (one to one and entirely based on competency, with the opening question being 'Why Goldman Sachs'), I was invited to the 2nd round of interviews, which I am yet to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you make decisions without any data.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Online Application followed by two separate interview dates. The first interview consisted of one-hour with two established Associates/VP's. The second interview the following week was 3 x one-hour interviews, again with two established Associates/VP's for each interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a trip to London in which you do one thirty minute interview in their London HQ on Fleet Street with 2 managers/associates from Operations at GS, they ask a range of mostly competency based interviews. It was generally relaxed with a few challenging questions to test you on the spot. The final round interview was 3 30 minute back to back, quite intense interviews with a range of people.