Goldman Sachs Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Associate Interview Questions

3.3

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with a generic phone interview with HR (background, experience, why are you looking for a new job, etc.). Went onto a phone interview with a VP of the group. Got invited to a super day which consisted of 5 one-on-one interviews with 5 VPs within Ops. Had to go for another round of 4 one-on-one interviews with 4 more VPs, including the head of the group, which was essentially a second super day. All the interviews were extremely similar. Make sure you know your resume like the back of your hand. EVERY interviewer asked why Goldman Sachs, why are you looking for a new job and why do you think you'd be a good fit at Goldman. Make sure you know why you want to be there other than the typical "best name on the street" answer. Be as specific as possible because you will get called out if you don't answer the questions they are asking you. There were no crazy questions about how many golf balls fit in a 747 or anything like that. Everyone was very personable so try to make conversation rather than just answering their questions, it'll help you in the long run.

Eventually made it to a final screening with HR only to be told the job was under evaluation for 2015 and that they would not be hiring anyone for the role until 2016 at the earliest. Long process that ended in frustration.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied with a recruiter and was called within two weeks time for a phone screen and interview. There was a brief phone screen to measure my interest in the job, they emailed some paperwork for me to complete and then invited me into the New York office for a meeting with two people.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different and unique than any other candidate that we may see?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process lasted about four months, which was incredibly fustrating. My first phone interview was set up right away with four individuals from different teams. After passing that round I was flown out to SLC for their "super-day" which consisted of four, thirty minute interviews with different members of different teams. After receiving positive feedback I went through three more rounds of phone interviews and eventually received an offer. Background check took a month as well so from the time I received an e-mail from the recruiter to the day I start it will be almost five months. Overall the questions were not difficult.They mostly asked behavioral/team based questions, no oddball questions.

Interview Questions

• What would motivate you to work at GS?   1 Answer
    • What processes have you improved at your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter up front asked what it would take for me to make the move to SLC. The number I quoted him was the exact amount they offered me, so there was very little I could do as far as negotiating was concerned.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for the Goldman's Veteran's Integration Program (2014). I'm a 20 yr AF vet. Started with a 30 min phone interview just to get to know the person who submitted the resume they are looking at. Very relaxed conversation about myself. Next came the in-person, "Superday", interviews in NYC. Involved dozens of applicants to the program. I interviewed with 4 different people. Each lasting 30 min. Pretty relaxed, but that just might be my style. I tend to break the ice with the interviewer by trying to find a common interest so that I can "connect" with them. Makes the interview go much better and much more chill. I had gotten a sheet of potential questions and, for the most part, the interviewers stuck to those questions. I made sure I had an answer for each question.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you have encountered and how you overcame that challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I interviewed with Goldman Sachs for an Operating Associate position. The company's HR called and gave tips for interview prep, which was very helpful for me to focus on exactly what I would expect. I interviewed with four people in two 30 minute sessions. So I was interviewing with 2 people at the same time. The key is too look up people's experience with GS online, be prepared for the questions, make sure you have a STAR for all the questions that you are preparing for. During the interview, be confident, proud and passionate with you have done and the position that you are applying for even though you are only a fresh graduate.

Interview Questions

• What is the risk management in your company? How does it apply to your job? What are the procedures for your department?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

2 rounds--one at my school and one super day which was actually only 2 30-minute sessions

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions--just the usual tell me about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

I got into the final round, but I didn't get an offer. The questions are mostly behavior questions. If you mention something, they would have some follow up questions. I think the company's interview process is designed to pick the people they really want. I'd say it's somewhat different than other company's interviews that I've seen. Overall, it was a positive experience and I've learned a lot from the process.

Interview Questions

• What are the things you don't like about your current company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

We all went into a large room where everyone is for the interview that day. We all interview for different position.Then, they put you in different rooms to meet managers, partners, or Sr. personnel for the interview. Total is three parts for me.

Interview Questions

• Very very sharp questions they have for my interview. Some of them are also behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boulder, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

Very intense and difficult interview. The interview was divided up into two separate 30 minute sessions, each with two interviewers. I would describe their style as very aggressive as they try to weed candidates out. They want to see how you react under pressure and they will drill you to make sure you know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you accidentally sent an e-mail with confidential trade information to the wrong client (who happens to be a competitor of your client)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call within 2 days from an extremely professional GS recruiter based in SLC. We chatted for 50 minutes regarding my background and culture at GS and what GS looks for in a candidate. 3 weeks from that conversation, I was setup for two 30 min phone interviews with 2 VPs and 1 Associate.

The interview was all fit questions based on past behaviour. Overall the interview experience was very posistive and I got to interact with few of the most talented people in the industry.

Advise: Be patient as it takes months for the hiring process.