Goldman Sachs Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

Consisted of one "superday" interview process with students from surrounding universities in the mountain west. Two 30 minutes interviews, one being a one-on-one interview and the other with two VPs in a two-on-one setting. Lots of behavior questions, like what is your biggest weakness, your biggest personal achievement, what does it mean to be a leader, what makes you a qualified candidate, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

On campus recruiting.

Interview Questions

• If you were in charge of the MTA, what are 3 things you would fix?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Submitted application through university's career database. Received an interview invitation in January for two 30 minute back-to-back interviews.

The first interview was with two vice presidents. Asked to run them through my resume, and the questions that followed were very straightforward. Somtimes would ask would ask follow-up questions to dig a bit deeper and ensure legitmacy of my answers.

Second interview was with one vice president. Much more focused on behavioral questions, and examples of when I worked in a team setting. Felt like a conversation and went smoothly.

Overall all the interviewers had a friendly demeanor and clearly were very competent.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you (a sophomore) over a junior?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a standard internship package.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Had two 30minute interviews, one had 2 interviewers , the second had one. The first interview was a big session of walk me through your resume. Second had a lot of behavioral questions like strengths, weaknesses , give me an instance of your teamwork etc. . He also gave me a situation , we played roles ... He played the government , he wanted me to play as a corporate company guy first , then as a small business guy supporting each case.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview. From there they called to ask if I wanted the offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I took the offer as is.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied through school website and was invited to interview on campus. People were very friendly and were mostly alumni from my university. I came in for one 1:1 interview with an MD and a 2:1 interview with two VPs. Questions were all fit and behavioral like "tell me a time you acted as a leader.....or tell me a time something went wrong and how did you address it....etc" Other questions to know are "why goldman sachs?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that's not on the resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate because I was happy with getting anything at that point.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

There were 2, 2:1 interviews, lasting about one hour in total. One was behavioral where they asked about my interests, resume, etc. The other was slightly more technical asking about the company, division, etc. Overall, they were very nice and welcoming. It was only the one interview day though. After that, I got a call about a month later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What role does the Operations department play in the overall firm structure and strategy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Consisted of two separate 2 to 1 interviews. Each took thirty minutes. People were serious, but not discouraging. Make sure you know the vocabulary related to the position you are applying for. It took around 2 months for them to get back with the offer.

Interview Questions

Had another offer by that time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2010.

Interview

I had two one-on-one interviews that lasted 30 minutes each. They were both personality based. They asked me questions about why I wanted to work for them, leadership experiences, experiences resolving conflict, etc...

Also wanted to know what my career plans were.

Interview Questions

• What are your career plans?   1 Answer
    • They asked me to share an experience where I had helped resolve a conflict.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Part of the Goldman Sachs Consortium Interview Day in Boston.

Two half-hour interviews, both 2:1.

First interview was pretty much standard; "walk us through your resume", etc. Nothing technical, mostly about relevant experience.
    Second interview required a few more details, and had a few scenarios. However, nothing too tricky.

Interviewers were generally very pleasant, a very fun couple of interviews!

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you initiated or streamlined a process?   Answer Question