Goldman Sachs Programmer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Programmer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview with Goldman Sachs. She first asked me some financial question, I have no financial background, so I cannot answer that. Then she asked me three brainteasers, I answered them.

Interview Questions

• Q: There are 100 open doors in front of you, with door number from 1, 2,...,100. In i'th round, you flip all the doors whose number can be divided by i. With i increasing, eventually which doors are closed?   1 Answer
  • What is the smallest number N, such that with N integers, by adding or subtracting them, you can get all the integers from 1 to 27   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Asked about previous experiences. Some technical questions about programming in Informix-4GL. How to use case statement and basic SQL statements. How to join and use union. Since they are a financial company they had to ask you to take a drug test too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was there as a consultant.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview

One round interviews on campus. Then go to on site. I don't know where I made a mistake, but I think at least being confident is one of the most important factor.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter to go straight to the second-round interview. There was only one team interviewing me, though some people get up to 3 or 4 teams interviewing them. Questions were mostly about my resume, one logic question, very minimal programming. Not very technical at all.

Negotiation

No negotiation accepted for New Associate Programmer Analyst

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

I did two interviews with two team. On the first day, it took 3.5 hours with six people from one team. Each person took 30 mins and all technical question except the last person. Last person spent about an hour, explained a little about the company, and showed their office on 7th floor. It was intensive interview but interview experience was good.

A week later, I went through the second interview from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. the first one hour was with the same team who interviewed me a week ago. 30 minutes break. Starting from noon to 4:30pm, continuous interview with another team and a VP from HR as the last interviewer.
    I was very surprised that they didn't even provide me a lunch. Even no lunch time except the 30 minutes break. Last second interviewer was a manager. He didn't say exactly, but it seems he expects his employee to perform on-call duty too. He said the job is not typical 9 to 5 job. Everybody needs to carry a phone and need to respond. This second day interview experience was not pleasure.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

they arranged a phone interview. then after a week or so, they scheduled an onsite, and flew me out to new york.
    on site interview was consisted of 5 interviews, 1 hour each with a different person.
    they asked some brainteasers as well as technical questions.
    but these interview questions are quite irrelevant to actual work.
    they use sedb/slang
    and you would need to learn them anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very drawn-out. First I had a phone interview, next I was invited to come and interview on site – I met with 4 people that day, after that I was invited for another in person interview – once again I met with 4 people. Then there was a week during which I’ve received no communication from the HR, however the following week I received an invitation for one more, in-person interview. I declined, since I’ve already received and accepted an offer from a different company during the previous week.

Except for the sheer number of times I had to go back, I had mostly pleasant experience interviewing. All, except one person, were very professional, polite, and seemed like a good group of people to work with. They all asked at least one “analytical” question, but not the ones like “how do you move the building” or “how many elephants are in the country” – their questions were tricky, but you could reason through them; they’ve also asked me about the projects I’ve worked with and some technology related questions.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between dynamic_cast, static_cast   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

There were 3 interviewers. All three of them were engineers in Goldman. The first one was behavioral. The next one was technical. I finally met the vice-president technology. He seemed to be impressed with my research work. He offered me to fly to New York. However, I was also called for interviews with a couple of different technology companies. Before I scheduled my Interviews at Goldman, I was offered a position in one of the big tech companies and I chose to join them. I declined further interviewing with Goldman.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever said lies ? If so what is the gravest lie you have said.   1 Answer

I got a better offer in a technology company. I wanted to stay close to technology companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (San Francisco, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Preparation is key. Basic questions about strengths/weaknesses, lots of brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• How many square feet of pizza is eaten in the US each year?   27 Answers

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhanbad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dhanbad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

IT'S A THREE TIER PROCESS.
    1. APPTI.+CODING ROUND
    2. TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
    3. HR INTERVIEW.
    In appti round they ask 15 questions 4 marks each (30 min.) time limit (jee advanced level).
    In coding interview a simple combinatorix problem was there.