Goldman Sachs Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.4

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

Referred by a former employee to a team in Private Wealth Management at IMD. Passed the first interview (mostly behavioral) in a week. Had the second one, highly technical, two weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Where is the delta of a call option at?   Answer Question
  • What is the expected number of coin tosses until the sequence THT is observed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Submit CV through University website, waiting for a couple weeks, receiving emails to schedule an interview, and then the first is through a phone call. The manager seems very busy, so he asked me a few questions about my background, and then ask some maths.

Interview Questions

• Basic probability questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through school, first round is online test which is bunch of maths and programming problems. Then there's a phone interview which is perfectly covered by the Green. Questions on the markets too.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round is a phone interview. The interviewer will be a member of the team that is looking to hire. They will ask you to introduce yourself and the kind of work/research you do. Then there will be two to three question on statistics and probability. Second round is a video conference style interview with a few group members. They will each ask you a question that they think is part of the skill set needed for the position. There will be 3-4 people. Third round is on site in person interview. This lasts a whole day.

Interview Questions

• Explain your research. The candidate should be able to understand their own work and explain it to others in a simple way. It is also the time to show the interviewer that your background is a match for the job you are applying for.
      Probability questions: e.g. there are a total of one hundred strings that each has a length of one inch. If you randomly tie two loose ends up, what is the average length of all strings (expected value)? If you randomly tie 2n loose ends up, what is the average length of all strings?
      Algorithm questions: e.g. string manipulation (e.g. sorting)   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2018.

Interview

It's an online test. There are 9 math questions and 2 coding questions. The math part is easy, and coding part is also not that hard. The total time is two and a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Given some students' late record. find the student with the max average late time. The max average late time is defined as the sum of his late time minus the average late time of the class.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I received the phone interview from one of the VP in NYC. He's pretty nice and friendly, He let me go though my resume first. Then there will be two simple mathematics question followed.

Interview Questions

• Comparing e to the power of pi and pi to the power of e which one is bigger.   2 Answers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and get two phone interviews. However, I did not prepare too much. Feel embarrassed during the interview. however they are quite nice to help and explain the concepts on the spot. Overall they are quite nice and gentle.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Finished an online test which contains two coding problems. Then followed by a phone interview asking implied volatility skew and quick sort. One week after the phone interview, I was invited to have an onsite interview and talked with 6 people.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

There were 2 group of interviewers and most questions are about probability, similar to those on green books. There are also some algorithm, also similar to those on green books.

Interview Questions

• Roll two dice for infinite times, what is the prob that you get a sum of 4 before a sum of 2?   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

one full day onsite with 5 different teams; lots of brain teaser questions; some quantitative finance questions about options; some programming questions. Morning session is with team members, if doing well, proceeding to the afternoon session discussion with MD or VP.