Goldman Sachs Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions in London, England

3.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews. Asked probability questions with dice, unbiased estimator, basic financial calculus including derivative pricing, c++, python, R. Not too difficult. Quite hard to understand the interviewer and he wasn't very helpful when asking questions regard the company.

Interview Questions

• Probability questions with dice, unbiased estimator, basic financial calculus including derivative pricing, c++, python, R.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A lot of brainteasers and typical quant interview questions. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• You have 10 mice and 1000 bottles of wine. You also have 24 hours before a party, and one of the bottles has been tainted with a slow acting poison, which takes 24 hours to kill a mouse. In the 24 hours you have remaining, how many bottles can you guarantee safe for human consumption (assume humans and mice react identically)? Assume the lethal dosage is insignificant relative to the size of the bottle.   7 Answers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Had an interview with Brain teaser and probability questions

Asked the 100 sided die question and pirate sharing wealth question

Interview Questions

• 100 sided die question was difficult   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. Fairly simple. Some questions about my resume and my motivation to join the company. After the first screening interview, I have been invited to pass a series of interviews within one afternoon. I have been interviewed by 10 different employees, each interview lasted between 30 and 45 mins. It was all about brainteaser and probability exercises. Only that.
    This is the type of questions I have been asked:
    - Suppose that you are flipping a coin endless times. What is the expected round where you would get the same side 3 consecutive times?

Interview Questions

• Assume that you have an NxN Matrix, filled with decreasing numbers if you go from left to right and from top to bottom. Can you design an efficient search algorithm on this matrix. Hint: the most efficient one should have a Log(N) complexity...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

A first telephone interview with just quantitative and brainteaser questions, like solve some differential equations with some tricky change of variable. then a face to face interview, with a group of 5 members of the team, more brainteaser and technical questions like stochastic calculus and programming.

Interview Questions

• a, b, c are integers. Such that a^2 + 2bc = 1; b^2 + 2ac=2012, find all the possibles values of c^2 + 2ab.   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Extremely challenging brainteasers and maths questions, two rounds of phone interview of 1 hr each. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Find the optimal strategy to solve a specific card game.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2008.

Interview

Had about 4 interviews, mostly technical asking about basic maths (eg derive basic combinatorial properties). Most people very calm and listened rather than talked. Asked about C programming. I'd heard they were most interested in fitting into the 'goldman sachs' way, where people put the company before themselves. My impression was that it was very demanding.

Interview Questions

• All questions roughly similar, just need to have excellent grasp of basic maths and tools.   Answer Question