Goldman Sachs Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

3.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

First round video interview using Hirevue. There are 5 questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare the answer and 2 minutes to answer it. Questions are not simple behavioral ones.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

First round hireview and superday in SLC. Hireview was very general, no technicals. all situational questions to see how I thought about things; personality questions. Superday was a little more technical but nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• How do credit risk analysts evaluate firms differently than equity analysts?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to make a split decision and what the outcome was   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you want to work for Goldman and what excites you about SLC   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I apply online on September 2017. The process took 2 weeks. I was invited to have an online internview on Hirevue for Risk Division in Singapore. The interview's questions were all behavioral but I was too nervous and messed up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of your conflict with peers and how you resolve it   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied this internship through Goldman's website after attending the company visit in New York. It is still in progress, and I have completed a online digital interview with the divisions I have applied. I guess the interview was for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Analyze a recent news from risk management perspective.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I Applied Online. HR contacted me and scheduled a telephone interview. After a week she called me back and she invited me for in person interview with two Hiring managers at the office. It took 2 hours interview with technical and behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a first round panel interview. 6 rounds, each lasting 30 minutes. Questions varied by the type: from technical to behavioral. They also asked to provide some examples to prove the following qualities: leadership, teamwork, resolution of conflicts.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your weaknesses?
      2. Question about two jars of water with volumes of 3 and 5 gallons each
      3. Question about Value At Risk: you have Asset 1 with Var 1 million and Asset with Var 2 million - what would be Var of a portfolio of Assets 1 and 2?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on-campus. Conducted 2-1 interviews 1 week later on campus. Was called back to their 200 West office a week later. A lot of interviews. Questions ranging from behavioral, market knowledge, brainteasers, math...

Interview Questions

• Derive the formulas for solving regression coefficients in a simple linear regression model.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

they asked me to go through the resume by myself, then they threw several questions to me according to what I have said.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview with 5 pre-recorded questions, followed by 2-3 minutes of answering time. Questions are quite unconventional such as Your student council president leaked the questions and answers on social media. What factors would you consider? What would you do?

Interview Questions

• Evaluate a recent event that would affect the bank from a risk perspective   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First Round- Behavioral
    Super Day - Around 5 interviews with a mix of behavioral and technical. Keep yourself updated on what's happening in the news. Recommend reading WSJ.

Examples of technical questions : Can you tell me what is happening in Greece right now and how you see it impacting the EU. Where do you see America going in the next 4 years

Interview Questions

• Brainteaser- but not too hard.
      If you are standing outside Goldman Sachs and had to estimate the number of people working in the building, how would you do this?   1 Answer