Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

Updated May 17, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was through HireView and a few weeks later I got s second round interview which was more technical. If you are prepared, the interview questions are not that hard.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application then received an email asking me to complete a 5 question video interview. After that was submitted they sent me an email telling me they wanted me in SLC for more interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 2 months. After a month did the Hirevue virtual interview, and a week later received superday invitation. A lot of behavioral/fit questions and scenario-based ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you had to deal with diversity.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was two rounds over the time of two weeks. Each round consisted of 3 interviews around 30 minutes each totaling 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. The interview is set up though a recruiter and short notice.

Interview Questions

• What are some things that an ECOMM compliance employee should look for?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the position by another USC alumni. The overall interview process was broken down into a phone interview and three back-to-back on-site interviews. Cool teams, the Municipalities team (CRG) was my favorite, but the Credit Risk Review Group (CRRG) was a close second. Everyone came off as very professional and articulate, but also made jokes in my interview and tried to make me feel comfortable.

They told me that due to an increase in the number of analyst applications they received this year, they couldn't offer me a position but encouraged me to apply again in the future - basically a soft no...

Interview Questions

• **Could you please state a recent economic event for a specific company and tell us how that event could impact the firm's financial creditworthiness.
      **Out of Apple and Coach, which company would you invest in and why?
      **What is a DCF?
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later was reached out to via email and invited to participate in a phone interview. The phone interview was set for a Tuesday about 2 weeks out.

Exactly 11 minutes before my phone interview was to begin the interviewer emailed me and said, "So sorry to cancel last minute - I am working from home and not feeling well. Would you be available to reschedule later on in the week?" I immediately responded saying that it was okay, I hope she feels better, and said I'd be happy to reschedule and let her know my schedule was open/flexible and to just let me know what day/time worked for her.

I never heard back.

A few days later I emailed her again saying I hope she was feeling better and asked if there was a day this week or next that worked for her to reschedule this phone interview.

I never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview: 30 seconds to listen to the question and 2 minutes to reply. The system is called Hire Vue and provides practice questions beforehand. These are very different from the actual ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act under time pressure and immediately. Tell us about the risk assessment and the outcome.   Answer Question

Human Capital Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

HireVue recorded interview followed by on-site visit. On-site is 3 back to back to back interviews with mostly VP's from differing roles in the office. Was invited to follow up with the head of HCM in the Salt Lake City office for a 15 minute closing interview the day after.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in August of 2016, got interview offer February 2017. The first interview was on HireVue (virtual) so you basically had to record your answer to a camera. Asked all behavioral questions like how do you solve a group problem, when was a time you resolved an issue, etc. Then I heard I got the 2nd on-site interview a week later. For that, I had 3 sets of 30 min interviews with two people in the division each. They asked why GS, why this division, walk me through your resume, It was intimidating as hell because I had to be escorted to this special elevator to get to the GS floor and I was so nervous. However, the actual interviewers were a little more laid back than I thought they'd be. Heard back a week later--long-story short, I blew it and they were nice enough to call me to personally call me, which I appreciated. So its all good. Plus it made doing other interviews seem much easier lol.

Just be prepared to talk about your goals and how what you've done in the past relates. Have lots of "team" related stories, and also try to relax