Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

3.1

371 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Process took 2 months, 1 coding round, then 1 interview on site. There were 2 rounds onsite. Both had a mix technical and behavioral. Behavioral like, "why Goldman", situational questions. Coding very basic questions, like count all occurences of a string in an array of strings.

Interview Questions

• Given two JSON, write a function to find the differences in them   Answer Question

Investment Management Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview was not difficult. Mainly situational questions... given situation xyz, how would you respond. Their superday environment was pretty high pressure as they would essentially announce those who had not made it to the 2nd round and ask them to leave

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The first Interview is done through HireVue software. In this software, you are given a fix amount of time to prepare your answer and a fix amount of time to respond to the question. Your response is only recorded once, and you cannot re-record. If you do well you fly out to location for Super Day (3 30 minute interviews)

Interview Questions

• One question asked about what I was interested in learning and if I pursued learning more about a specific topic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I was given 3 days to complete a hire view interview (online interview). I had a total of 6 questions and was being interviewed for two different positions. The hire view website allowed you to practice questions prior to the interview and this was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to figure out what students were struggling with the most at your college campus?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

First round hireview and superday in SLC. Hireview was very general, no technicals. all situational questions to see how I thought about things; personality questions. Superday was a little more technical but nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• How do credit risk analysts evaluate firms differently than equity analysts?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to make a split decision and what the outcome was   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you want to work for Goldman and what excites you about SLC   Answer Question

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Was approached by an HR associate. He's very nice -- asked why are you looking for a job when you already have a job, followed by some behavior questions. They quickly scheduled the first round of phone interview. I was interviewing for two positions -- one is analyst level and another was VP level. The first one was totally fine -- was caught off guard because HR told me first round would mostly be behavior questions but I was bombarded by very technical questions. I admit that's my fault for not preparing adequately.

Second one was for the VP level position -- this time I came prepared, but the second team were total jerks. One guy was like "you have a CFA, how can you not know this". Well, I gave him the exact answer that was in the CFA text book which he said is wrong. I'd personally stay away from that team.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Super straightforward, fairly simple questions: low amount of mathematical reasoning, mostly behavioral/situational. Know your resume and be prepared to describe in detail what you did and enjoyed/disliked about each. Interviewers are very resourceful and explained my questions throughly. Be yourself and relax, if you aren't you look unprofessional or may be lying about an experience.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

HireVue then one-two weeks later I was contacted through email for an in- person interview. The night before the interview there was a reception where we meet current first year employees and got to learn more about the company and the workplace. Typically hear back after 2 weeks from the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you find out how many parking meters are in Downtown Salt Lake City?   Answer Question
    • Rank these three things in order of importance: risk management, efficiency, customer service.   Answer Question
    • If you were working on a project with team members who had opposing ideas, how would you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work with GS? Specifically Operations? Specifically Salt Lake City?   Answer Question
    • How did you go beyond a project to better enhance your abilities in an area that was not your strongest?   Answer Question
    • HireVue: Why Operations?   Answer Question
    • HireVue: If you were working on a project with international students how would you promote inclusivity and how would you stop and resistance?   Answer Question

Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

There is a digital interview, which the website will ask you several questions and record your answer. There is a practice question for you to prepare for the interview. It is great, be yourself

Interview Questions

• If you are working with a group, most of the member are international students. How do you promote inclusion of this group?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview process had two rounds. Each 45 minutes. It was mostly behavioral and down the line a few technical questions. The panel members were very sweet, it wasn’t intimidating. Even if I couldn’t answer a question, they gave me hints on how to answer it.

Interview Questions

• Sample Question :
      How would you react if a member of your team had made a mistake but refuses to accept it ?   1 Answer