Goldman Sachs Securities Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Securities Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Began with diversity recruiting events over the summer, received invitation to superday. Had 3 back to back 30 minute interviews in 2 on 1 and 1 on 1 format. I am not a finance major, so 90% of the questions were fit and behavioral based. All the interviewers were very friendly, but one 2 on 1 pair tried being "good cop, bad cop". They were just testing my stamina and working under pressure. If you're not a finance major, know your reasons for being interested in finance, and research, research, research the industry and markets. It payed off to see how surprised they were when I used the financial lingo.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I go to a target school. They came on campus to network at a firm-wide event. You had to meet a few people at the firm and get in contact with them. After that the interview was pretty straight forward. It included the traditional fit questions and what is going on in the markets.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was what is going on in the futures markets for oil. I was prepared, talked about contango, etc. going on in brent futures. I was fortunate to have prepared for this type of question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Accelerated Process - Superday with 3 back to back 30 minute interviews

Mostly behavioral and market questions. Questions like, "Tell me a trend in the equities market..." "What is your view on the global economy?..." "Why Goldman Sachs?..." "Tell me about a time you had to lead a team?"... Very resume based...

first interview was 2 on 1, second was 1 on 1, third was 2 on 1.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you're most looking for in an ideal job?   Answer Question

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Invited through Female Securities Insight Day, was extended a super day a week later; three rooms, 30 minutes each, 1v1 interviews. There was a stress test, young vp, and really nice guy at the end.

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

Interview

3 Rounds of Phone Interview, all within one month. They will email you asking for an interview and they will propose a time. One interviewer forgot to call me and we had to reschedule it. Asked about economy, personal views on the market and behavioral questions. Talked to 1 Managing Director and 2 Vice Presidents in the Securities division. Super friendly overall but sometimes connection is not that great. Probably used a speakerphone or something from a conference room.

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

On Campus interview - first round. I attended networking sessions and got invited to interview for this division. The interviewer was extremely intimidating and it was a negative experience. Definitely needed to prepare for weeks.

Interview Questions

• Where do you predict the market going in the next year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was super friendly and straightforward. Mostly just behavioral questions and questions like, "if I gave you 1mil how would you invest it?" Couple of interviews back to back but everyone was nice and understanding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed hirevue and interviewed at Goldman Sachs in New York. Interview consisted of three 30 min back to back interviews. Interviewers varied in terms of background and experience but there was 1 interviewer from each division within Securities (FI, Equities, PS). Mostly behavioral with maybe 1 question relating to current events. Behavioral questions were scripted and you were represented with a situation and asked how you would deal with it.

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later was emailed to do an online HireVue interview. I was given about 3 days to complete it. The interview was for the securities division, so I was frustrated when the questions were about all divisons I applied to.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you worked with people different from you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Invited to do first round hirevue. Mostly behavioral questions. Invited to superday within a few weeks. Attended superday - met with 3 people for 30 minutes each. One interview was behavioral, one markets based, one more thought process/logic based. Come from liberal arts background with no academic finance background.